Patch #7

so 3/4ths of your character loadouts use Powerswords? Flamer is fine still.

1 Like

I appreciate you coming back and commenting this. That’s why I was trying to say that the changes probably need some time to feel them out, or in game use. Personally I find the Flamer much more fun to use, since with the low ammo and lower stagger I feel like I have to be smarter on when and how I use it, and the lower damage means I still need to rely on teammates for help dealing with high threat targets.

2 Likes

I would like to see “combat team” playing on high intensity / HI Troop Gauntlet with Power Sword or 2. If one of them gets cramps on their thumb (or other appendage assigned to “special” button) I suggest sharp pay decrease till PS is un-nerfed and/or rebalanced, because I’m damn sure they had to contribute or wave off to PS nerf in the patch.

And since we are at it if there is a RNG team I suggest they are the ones to provide combat team with the Equipment based on what combat team brings (materials). If someone starts arguing about “we can’t test all blessings combinations that way! Hell, we can’t even test those we would like to test”. Blast airhorn in their ear, fire confetti and tell them “Exactly!”. I hope this will induce Khorne level rage, both teams kill each other and maybe next Chosen will be wiser and preform their job right.

3 Likes

I had a low ammo flamer base that I built off of so its complete garbage now with the reduced ammo cap on it, and my psyker got nuked as I was a warpflame build with soulblaze on my sword and Purg, so 3 out of my 4 characters got hit. This was a garbage patch by a team that consistently shows me they don’t know what they’re doing.

2 Likes

crazy. i never felt it that strong even though i got a really good flamer etc.
maybe because i never used it with the zealot special because i mainly used it for the humanoid like enemies to clear the pesky hordes… easier than clicking 200 times with my axe instead :slight_smile:
thx for testing

In this case I guess you won’t suffer that much from the nerf anyway? beside the ammo nerf I mean.

Its not my test, some guy on this forum did it. Forgot his name tho

Also a very fair way to look at it. The thing is, in VT2 the difficulty jumps when going from any difficulty to the next were quite significant. I honestly can’t say the same thing about DTs difficulties. Now it’s hard to really judge that fairly since I was new to Tide games with VT2 and was obviously not when I started playing DT.

Not only are the jumps from one difficulty to the next lower but DT is also overall easier. Damnation feels about on par with Legend from Vt2 if you didn’t take any of the 5 books in VT2. There’s nothing that really compares to Cata (with or without deeds) or hell, even Cata 3 in weaves. Shock gauntlet feels like Legend with the increases specials deed active.

If you wanted to fit VT2 difficulty curve into DT, you’d have to make every single difficulty harder except the bottom 2. It just seems easier to add “Cataclysm 40K edition” and leave the gentler curve for newer players be. You couldn’t just make damnation much harder and leave heresy be. That wouldn’t really do the same thing.

As much as I personally enjoyed the difficulty curve in VT2, I know ppl that found it too harsh and didn’t give themselves time to adjust. DT handles that much better imo. All it lacks is something extra for the VT2 veterans to sink their teeth into.

1 Like

I’m not entirely against a difficulty 6 either to be clear, as long as they don’t then make it give heaps more rewards over Damn and we end up having this conversation all over again.

1 Like

Oh yeah sorry, that new difficulty should’t become the best pace to farm. That was sorta implied when I reffered to Cata but clear it was not.

1 Like

Well after a lot of plays…

Power sword

Nerf seems hard… but the PS was really OP.
Tested without power cycler. This make this weapon a little weak. You play more without special action than with. But, it can be used.
With power cycler (that I’ve got from Merk this morning), I would say that the weapon is… as before without. So, it feels great.

Final verdict: maybe a limitation to 2 energized swings as a base could be a good compromise and with a short delay between 2 activations (like 2-3 seconds).

Flamer

Well here… sorry. But you did not nerf it enough.
Flamer can still clear an entire room. What you did is impacting more the players without flamer than the player with flamer cause flamer players steal all ammos.
I did a mission, as a veteran, with 2 players with flamer. That was a nightmare cause they were stealing all ammos and I was always short of it. Moreover they spammed flames all the mission time making the run as trivial as it was before the patch.

What I would ask is that the ammo reserve should be returning like past patch. The fuel canister can stay at the level post patch… and I know that now I will be bashed… NERF more the flamer.
It can still wipe everything.

2 Likes

I feel you - but that is a problem of selfish players that is really hard to balance by the devs and a problem common to all ammo-inefficient weapons: Auto pistols, braced auto guns, revolver and bolters (if used on full auto) spring to mind. All these weapons are fine if the player understands that low ammo is the inherent weakness and thus has to be used conservative. I think lower Ammo for the flamer is a good thing - a good team player won’t spam it and use it only in high pressure situations. That’s how the flamer was intended and then it’s a real benfit for the team.

That doesn’t work… This was how I have always used the flamer.
But there are here people that spam flames from the start of the mission to its end (and steal all ammos).
They need to make the flamer/purge staff inefficient against flak / carapace armored. I mean by that that it should still do damages, but a lot less. So less than it should be the bad idea to use a flamer against them.

What is a veteran without ammos? answer: an useless player (yes you can still use your melee weapon… but veteran class is not a melee class).
This is what we have now when a so altruist player with flamer is in the mission and steal all ammos. In this mission, I was lucky. I did not use the kantrael shotgun but the agri one. The agri permits one shot a lot and has more ammo. If I had used the kentrael… I would have been out of ammos lot of times.

6 Likes

I think you’re right.

There is a pretty distinct jump from malice to heresy but I think going from Heresy to Damnation is tiny. It’s of course hard to tell with all the hi-int and lo-int modifiers + the modifiers being bugged + ai-director having a good/bad day.

1 Like

See this pretty much shows that you have no idea how to use it. You don’t attack a horde with light attacks with the chainaxe. Come on now. At least know what your talking about before you bash. Push-attack and heavies…

The Chainaxe is my go-to melee weapon on the Zealot. It does require some specific Blessings to work and a Stamina Curio to really shine. But if you invest in it it’s awesome!

It SHREDS specials and Ogryns too. Love it.

I also use it a heap on Zealot and you honestly can get away with weaving light attacks in pretty frequently between pushes and dodges.

TBF to @Lion-EL-Gubson it honestly isn’t a weapon I’d recommend for Vet at all. It’s pretty push attack reliant and their stamina stats are garbage. It’s doable if you like triple stack stam regen perks and maybe even throw in a +stamina curio to boot.

But yeah your general point stands. It’s absolutely possible to fight aggressively with Chaxe without taking damage if you give it the time of day and learn how to use it properly.

Also the comment about Chaxe not doing good single target is hilarious. It’s some of the best damage in the game against assassination targets and I can one shot most things with Thrust revved heavies on Zealot, even crushers. Crushers do require Zealot Ult for one shot but it’s still pretty damn impressive single target damage.

1 Like

PS sould get 2 empowered sings at base and power cyler adding only 1 more swing per activation.
Flamer still excellent against hordes (which it should be) and burning a full mag to kill crushers mid ult honestly seems fine-ish too.
The problem really comes from a weird dynamic: In high intensity it’s exactly what you want it to be. In regular or even low intensity, it’s way too boring to play along side of one. Nerfing it more wont fix that aspect of it while the flamer remains useful. We kinda don’t want a VT2 flamer now do we?
For those that didn’t play VT2, the flamer was the single worst weapon you could bring along since it harmed the team more than it helped + it only killed hordes which were no issue to begin with.

Honestly, if the flamer didn’t stagger armored targets you would get the best of both worlds, it remains ok at dealing with them (in ult) but it’s inherently risky as if they get too close, they can still attack you.

Oh you can and I do. But in an intense horde clear situation I prefer Push-attack + Heavies and the Lights to finish off staggered enemies when there’s room.

Chaxe plays different from other weapons and you need to take time to learn how to use. Most of the PS complainers just want a do-it-all weapon that doesn’t require any thought. The Tide games have never been about that though. It’s always the intention for there to be a trade-off with weapons and when there isn’t they get nerfed.

The only legitimate reason to complain about the nerfs - and it IS a legitimate reason - is time-investment. The crafting system is so bad I feel bad for the people who spent 10s of hours and 1000s of resources to get Power Cycler. But people are kidding themselves if they didn’t see the nerfs coming miles away.