Patch #4 - Blessings of the Omnissiah

The +xp% from secondaries and conditions should go towards +% resources too. Oh look, suddenly +xp% on curios aren’t completely useless (but still too low to really do anything noticeable).

it seems like something is planned for XP, who knows what it will be

They should convert +x% XP in +x% resources…

This, I loved throwing a PILGRIMS, THE BARREL! Out whenever Hadron’s pic appeared.

1 Like

You play on difficulty level 3 out of 5. Don’t forget that modifiers also modify the chance for better loot, so if you played those Malice runs without any modifier like endless hordes, the chance for blue or purple gear would logically speaking be lower.

It’s considerably less RNG because you can circumvent a big chunk of the RNG now.

Well it was clear they were going to lower the drop rate for legendary and rare gear, since you now always get a reward every single time. That said, I have gotten rares and legendaries already. The other stuff you can still sell and use those order dockets you get for new items from the shop.

You must be drunk to make such a statement at current. Bleed is very effective even post-nerf against almost every enemy type. Only the Ogryn and Scab Maulers in full armor walk the damage off.
And since other characters like the Zealot also profit off of bleeding enemies, having a Bleed Ogryn Shield build is really not as bad as you claim. It’s good support and it does survival well. It’s just not the most self-sufficient, but then it’s a teamgame we’re talking about here.

1 Like

No it isn’t lol. Go into meat grinder and see how much damage max bleed stacks does to a poxwalker, you know possibly the most common enemy in the game. If you’re playing competently with any weapon other than shield you SHOULD kill most things before bleed meaningfully contributes.

I dare you to go into Ogryn Discord and say “shield is good”. That is a very unpopular opinion for good reason. Shield is ass compared to every other melee weapon you could pick. You burden your team by forcing them to make up for your DPS loss while offering nothing of value in return. I’m not saying you can’t play it, just don’t pretend you aren’t making yourself a liability by doing so.

1 Like

I did a T5 Hi Ho with grims and got a 374 rating purple turd scoop with T2 brittleness. They clearly nerfed the emperor gift in return for giving us them every game. The Brunt Exchange also seems to be using Melk’s judgment for determining scores. Oh well, at least I was able to put charmed reload on a T3 blaze away stubber.

The problem is that you treat this too much like an MMO.
DPS isn’t everything…

The shield is movable cover, allows you do endlessly block all ranged and melee attacks that face your front. That is not so bad in some situations where you’d normally get pin-cushioned.

As for bleed…
First off, the bleed damage comes on top of other damage sources and since that other talent from the Ogryn now dishes out 4 stacks immediately, it’s not that bad.
Sometimes this is the difference between one more swing or not.

More importantly, the advantage to Bleed is that it keeps on ticking when you retreat or when you knock an enemy out of attack / cleave range. And that is actually useful for a Shield build because you often don’t have enough damage in a single strike to kill a poxwalker for instance, but he’s low health enough that any form of chip damage can end him.
Yes. It’s not the end all be all. But then this isn’t Elden Ring, Bleed isn’t supposed to do the job all on it’s own.

Also, I take you up on your offer. Check Discord. :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s not that the shield offers nothing it’s just you can achieve what it does better by other means. Being shot? Fire back. GG and Rumbler both interrupt and allow you to advance. Kickback and Ripper have high suppression and mulch shooters are mid range. Stubber is just pretty good at killing shooters generally.

It’s not that I think everything is about DPS. It’s more that what the shield does well largely encourages passivity and I don’t think that’s a good thing in this game. What it does give you might be somewhat worthwhile if the gap between it’s DPS and other weapons wasn’t so wide.

I applaud you for your follow through. I see you’ve gotten about the exact reaction I’d expect :sweat_smile:

Okay, I get what you mean. What the Shieldbreaker needs is maybe an option to move (albeit more slowly) with the shield in his defensive stance so he can slowly turtle to cover or something.

Here on Discord, we do a little trolling.

Edit: Now we discuss the Psyker in the Ogryn chatroom. This bait and switching never gets old.

Never presume to speak for anyone but yourself. DRG has random mission selection and that works fine… but what DRG does have is the ability to choose difficulty so I do agree on this particular point, but don’t try to make your argument by alluding to what some fictional VAST majority may or may not want. We simply don’t know and it’s not relevant for the discussion.

2 Likes

I love playing with the shield. I should try some other gear… and maybe stay clear of the Ogryn forum.

Especially when monstrosities are on the weeklies I always bring it because it trivialises Demon Hosts, but that’s of course highly situational.

I don’t block much though… I try to stagger, keep bleed stacks up, and keep out of the shooty little ones on the team, and that generally works well. I tried once or twice to plonk it down to protect against shooters but that never did it for me… I’d rather just try to change in and keep the bleed stacks rolling while trying to maintain some sort of cover so that I don’t get completely needled by ranged.

As for comparing gear. I simply have not been able to muster any sort of enthusiasm to try gear when crafting is in such a shoddy state. No reason not to try other weapons though, but I really like the Shield and Stubber combo.

Sounds like you might enjoy power maul. All the control of shield while mercing elites and swapping to heavy weight rather than bleed let’s you do fun things like 2 shot Damn Reapers with GG. Or just generally murdering all varieties of Ogryn elite very comfortably with Paul itself.

For the small fee of 19.99€/$ you too can enjoy a name change!
Get 5 Name Change vouchers today and you get a 5% discount ONLY 24hrs remaining!

In other news so I gather that all they did was change the numbers around a little.
It is now entirely useless to hunt for anything in the Armoury Exchange and Sire Melks is of course still pointless as a decent weapon cost a weeks worth of Ordo Ingots.

So that leaves us with crafting which if current statements are correct will cost about:
1 million dockets for 1x 380

Which then has a “better” chance to get T3/T4 perks/Blessings…

I bet ya nothing has changed in regards to getting upgrades or that perfect weapon 360+.

5 Likes

Isn’t that a system where you pick the biome and the level itself is procedurally generated? I haven’t played it but that’s the description I’ve seen before. If that’s how it works in DRG then it’s an entirely different beast than DT in that regard.

3 Likes

Patch approved changed my recommendation on steam to positive. If only the game had released at this point but better late than never :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Just unlock the perks & blessings already and let us do our thing!

3 Likes

Not only that, but regardless of which biomes are currently available, every mission type is always represented at least in one of them, AND it has more mission types that DT. So yes, DRG is a completely different beast and significantly better. DTs mission selection is like they looked at DRG, thought that the RNG was what made it good and put it in. Given their propensity to put RNG in everywhere, that tracks.

6 Likes

Everyone wants that feature, even if you don’t realise it.

No one should be limited to choosing between ~2 missions per hour on the difficulty you like playing because some numpty in Fatsharks dev team thinks that its a good idea.

Anyone should be able to play ANY available mission at ANY difficulty they want to. This is gameplay 101 and it reduces player agency to an unreasonable level having it configured the current way.

Letting the player select the map and the difficulty setting is literally the first thing the EVERY OTHER GAME does and is literally in both of the games that Fatshark made before this.

2 Likes