Patch 14 proposed Zealot changes - feedback

Throwing Knife buffs are needed, good ideas

Shroudfield nerfs feel bad, the big damage is fun and rewarding, especially on thunder hammer, that is otherwise mediocre at everything. Having 3 seconds to position around enemies and avoid getting knocked back to smoke a boss is cool as hell. If the damage boost is no longer significant it will probably not really get picked over the versatility of longer and more frequent Shrouds, the consistent bonus to everything from Fury’s Dash, or the tank CC build with Chorus. Let the meme live!

Chorus stagger nerf will feel really clunky, if you want to prevent free and safe boss-removal, make the stagger from it hold bosses still with a lighter stagger instead of pushing them back. Whatever it does, the effect from the Chorus pulse should be consistent throughout the ability.

Bleed for the Emperor is fine as is, as it appropriately makes up for the lack of increased health and toughness from wounds curio stacking, probably just reduce Shield of Contempt damage reduction even more to nerf this combo, maybe to like 50%, as this would reduce damage resistance stacking with the other big damage reduction skills, as well as help with your removal of high stacking damage reduction on the other classes, like for example, an Ogryn skilled with damage reduction from nearby bleeding enemies and the damage reduction middle keystone.

Internal cooldown on dodge talent is a good idea, and this should probably be on every dodge talent, it’d be easier to balance stuff that way

Overall, good ideas for changes. Only extra changes I’d request are taking a look at some of Zealot’s more boring skills and maybe buff them or change them into something more interesting. These would include Unremitting’s sprint cost reduction, and Hammer of Faith’s 30% impact. They’re pretty small buffs to boring stats.

Also, perhaps switch the places of some of the talents. Specifically, of Unremitting and The Emperor’s Bullet, creating a dedicated ranged-weapon buffs path within the tree for those who want to specifically play that way, and Dance of Death and Good Balance for this same reason, creating a specifically ranged-weapon path. This would provide more universally good talents before them, while offering all the buffs to that specific playstyle in one location, without forcing ranged skills on those who want to play melee builds.

4 Likes

I agree with the Perfectionist nerf being a bad move. It completely kills Stealth Hammer. It’s a extremely niche fun gimmicky play style. Other than myself using it, I have not ran into another Zealot using a Stealth Hammer build, not in heresy, damnation, or Auric. Also, half the time the monstrosity hit boxes are not accurate enough to get the big one shot back stab hit off. Or you get swatted away by the boss before the full Thrust swing makes contact. Had to actually coordinate often with my team to stun the monster so I could finish it off. The 3 second invis with the 2 min cool down was a acceptable trade off. Nerfing Perfectionist will make it sub-par and unusable when compared to straight up better perks or builds.

2 Likes

Huh. I’ve also been running it, without Perfectionist, and honestly it’s an entirely viable build. What you lose in immediately ending bosses you gain in handling literally everything else, and I can clutch on Damnation using stealth.

Kind of what I was saying. I could just play a more optimized build, and if this nerf goes through I’d probably go back to the better safer builds. The hammer alone can handle anything when you build it right. Crushers, no problem, stun lock Ragers or Maulers to death, yeah perfect. Perfectionist was the lol funny hammer build, it was high risk high reward. I loved it, only reason it was worth the perk. Maybe it be worth it on knife, but I am too zealous for the thunder hammer to switch my main melee any time soon.

What is the risk again? You might go a full 30 seconds without your Ult rather than like 15? I don’t see what serious sacrifice is made for the one shot frankly.

1 Like

Pretty sure it’s 60 seconds and 56 seconds with 3x 4% curios. A lot can happen and go wrong in one minute on Auric Damnation. But again it’s just a funny gimmick build. It was fun while it lasted.

I was naturally assuming you’re running some cooldown talents. I ain’t never waiting for anywhere near the full cooldown for any Zealot skill.

1 Like

I think I have one cool down perk, but what I run with is very specific to my play style and how I like to play personally. I’m not a full “meta or nothing” kind of player, I like to build around perks I enjoy or what weapons I find fun, since I would like to believe the game rewards skill in the end. The change would kill some of that fun, but with 900 hours under my belt I’ll find another way, lmao. I remember when thrust was bugged.

This is the point. Perfectionist is arguably worse already, and nerfing it will likely just reduce build variety for stealth builds, where the 6-second duration is overwhelmingly picked over the alternative already.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.