Option to disable scrolling to grenade

We should have the option to disable the ability to scroll to a grenade. I’ve accidentally thrown grenades twice because I scrolled to my “other weapon” while clicking.

Pressing Q to swap instead of scrolling helps, but is not useful while you have the infection scanner. Using the numbers to swap can also prevent this, but I can make the same argument in favor of my case.

Of course the option to scroll to the grenade should still exist, but we should be able to turn it off.

2 Likes

Agreed, I don’t need a grenade when in a melee when panic/rapid swapping from my ranged weapon in order to block/fight back. Yes I can dodge out of the way but I tend to try and block/kill what’s about to swipe/shoot at me.

Sides from this thus far this is only one of very few “issues” or personal issues I have with the game.

Absolutely. This has become a problem for me since I use callouts a lot, and while trying to tag an enemy I accidentally scroll to my grenade and instead of shooting at the enemy, I throw it.

I agree fully with this thread.

As a workaround, you can rebind your weapons to specific scroll directions. For example, I rebound my ranged to wheel up, and melee to wheel down. It’s not perfect, but it means I always know what I’m switching to.

1 Like

Hm its not perfect, but as a workaround, that’s worth configuring.

You should use a hotkey for each of your weapons. I press 1 for melee 2 for ranged 3 for grenade 4 for health and ammo and 5 for auspix. You wont have any problems ever equiping what you need with this method.