Ogryn's power maul still feels underwhelming

I suggest giving it a faster attack speed, the other numbers were buffed but the attack speed is still incredibly slow to the point I cannot rely on this thing for combat & toughness generation. Literally any other ogryn weapon is faster and more reliable than this one-handed weapon.

4 Likes

Also, and this is really important, it is one of the slowest movement speeds in the game, and you have to ALMOST STOP to turn it on. Can’t even walk, let alone spring. Have to slow from walk to crawl.

At a minimum you should move fast enough the guy isn’t dead when you get there and should be able to turn it on while sprinting at an enemy.

Last time I took it out I quit the match because I couldn’t stand it.

4 Likes

I’m looking forward to trying this after work. I had good success with it before when I full-invested into the heavy-attack talents.

It’s basically unusable outside of slide-enabling or using it as the very first attack in a fight that you know is coming. The special definitely needs some change to make it more available.

1 Like

Tiny button is hard for Ogryn to find…

Fatshark please give Ogryns bigger thumbs!

It actually got ninja nerfed. Thankfully it at least does more damage, but you used to be able to draw out the special with your heavy attack. If you activated then held a heavy it would stay, but now it drops off mid swing. This is actually a big nerf for people who use it a lot and becomes very apparent after a single game.

The weapon still feels bad to me even without activation. It way too sluggish in its current state for auric diff with its endless trappers, dogs and flamers spamming around the next corner. Seriously, the character does everything so slowly (except push for some reason) like he’s covered in Nurgle’s snot.

The special attack is just the icing on the cake - it is almost impossible to apply it in time and under pressure, because it takes forever to activate and greatly slowdown movement speed. At least because at this moment I will need to dodge nets and crusher’s overheads. Add to the number of disadvantages that stunning enemies from an activated attack is not guaranteed.

2 Likes

Powermaul’s got a decent moveset and some surprising damage.

If the activation effect was improved to be more responsive (and I mean wayyyyy more responsive), I think we’d be cooking!

Can you imagine a slide power uppercut? Wunderbar!

And then you could copy & paste those changes to Thunder Hammer please and thank you

1 Like

Finally got a good one the other day after an Auric Maelstrom, and gave it a try.

First impression is… finally, it feels great to use! Combos flow nicely, damage is good. As has been said above though, the activation is actually detrimental to use, it makes you almost immobile, and even at 70+ Power it’s just not worth it.

Second impression: I had a lot of fun with it, but like with the pickaxes, I still can’t see myself switching from my good ol’ Smashy McSmashFace club.

Hmm, I was about to skip it again after this thread, but I see some clashing opinions. I have a stock of decent PMs. Time to dust one off and take it for a spin again.

I tried PM after the release and months ago. It was painfully underpowered and slow. There was no reason to use light attacks, and heavies kept you vulnerable to attacks for way too long.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.