Ogryn should be invulnerable when using Bull Rush

You take damage when using Bull Rush and normally this wouldn’t be a problem, but this isn’t a melee only game any more. Gunners can and will shoot you while you are trying to rush their position to take them out or force them into melee combat. If they break your toughness when using Bull Rush, you will stop dead in your tracks. There’s no reason you should be vulnerable when using Bull Rush.

5 Likes

I don’t disagree.

What some people will tell you is that you shouldn’t just be rushing at the ranged enemies if they’re far away from you - you should try to flank them using the side paths or work your way from cover to cover until you’re close enough to get to them. If you’re caught in the open you should retreat to cover and then work your way in. - Use the bullrush to retreat to cover or to dash to a side room to start flanking.

That being said, a special ability should be a special ability. It definitely feels underwhelming to use your special ability only for it to be broken by just regular gunners.

2 Likes

Yo I’ve made a post that I’m gathering up all posts related to the Ogryn until Fatshark gives us individual class topic pages please give it a view and like so Fatshark can see our feedback all in one place.

I’ve linked this post to there.

Cheers.

https://forums.fatsharkgames.com/t/the-ogryn-chat/58554/4

I disagree. I think maybe a damage reduction during the movement for a feat, but not invulnerable.

It’s a punishment for sitting in the open fighting a squad or horde and not paying attention to enemy spawns around you. Having the bullrush as a get out of jail free card would make the class entirely lopsided and necessary for higher difficulties.

Aye. I think charging into enemy fire to knock all the gunners down defeats the purpose of the ranged threat. I do think that while charging you could get +50% toughness or something to make it a bit more manageable. I don’t think ogryn should be able to rush an already shooting dreg gunner for example, that seems a bit silly.

When ogryn got the shield, I thought “Cool, now the ogryn can charge while using the shield to block”. Silly me. If you have your shield up and press F, the shield magically dissappear and you charge unprotected.
Why? Why?

lawl move from cover to cover…as an ogryn, there is no such thing as cover if it isn’t a wall for us.