Ogryn Grenadier Gauntlets melee bugged

We kindly ask that you complete the questions below. With this information, we can add it to our database for investigation.

Issue Description:
Using light melee attacks with a Ogryn Grenadier Gauntlet triggers heavy attack feats like +1 Bleed and 20% toughness regen when hitting single/multiple enemies.

Steps to Reproduce:
[Please add the steps that can help our QA department in reproducing the issue. For example:]

1. Just hit any enemies with Grenadier Gauntlets light melee attacks with Ogryn feats on that activate while using a heavy melee attack.

Mission Name (If Applicable):

Platform:
Steam

Player ID:
[Steam ID]
Abomination713

Approx. Time of Issue & Timezone:
11/20/2022, 12:00PM CST.

Reproduction Rate:
Constant (100%)

Upload Supporting Evidence:
[Screenshots, recordings, links to Twitch VODs, etc.]

Upload Console Log:

console-2022-11-20-17.23.57-a42c693f-245a-4d9b-80a2-e35b2dfb7859.log (1.5 MB)

Upload darktide_launcher.log:

darktide_launcher.log (410.2 KB)

I very sincerely hope this is not a bug but intended, as this would make the Grenadier Gauntlet a Ogryn suitable second meelee Option and make it stand out and useful in comparison to the other ranged weapons

Unlikely to be a bug as all special fire abilities involving a melee attack (on the Ogryn) regardless of the weapon count as a Heavy Attack.

I know the Shield’s push->attack doesn’t at least. Which is sad, cause the attack time on it feels as long as heavy attacks

He’s not talking about the special, which would be a grenade-punch, but instead he is talking about the main-attack, which is no ranged attack on a ranged weapon … so i’d say it’s good, that this counts as heavy attack, caus you loose a ranged option!
And with this combo Ogryns are good CC’ers

As someone who uses the Grenadier Gauntlets a lot, I would hope that this doesn’t get removed and is intended behavior.

The toughness regen and bleed that you can get with it compensates for the horrible damage vs. multiple targets on the light chain.

If this does get changed, I would request a damage buff when attacking multiple enemies with the light/heavy chain (Right now the second enemy onward takes only 10 damage from attacks, yikes)

I love my fist build!

1 Like