Grenadier Gauntlet - Ogryn - Patch 1.0.11

Dear Fatshark,

in patch 1.0.11 , “Balance & Weapons” you changed following thing:

“Grenadier Gauntlet melee attacks should now register to their correct damage profiles”

They do not.

Previous state: every attack counts as heavy attack

Actual state: every attack counts as light attack

I know many players reported that every attack counted as heavy attack and I mentioned it was supposed to deal that way. You got no block, you got no push but you got a decent way to activate heavy related bonuses. Damage was not insane but it was a very good addition to the shield&mace combo.

After Patch 1.0.11 where you “fixed” the classification to their correct damage profile everything works strange. The heavy attacks does not trigger heavy related bonuses nor the light attack does (obviously light attacks should not do so).

• To this fact something came in my mind: MAYBE, just maybe talk with the development team. - Was it intendet that this weapon count every attack as heavy? It is a ranged weapon slot item, with very suspicious behaviour (melee patern with special range attack).

I would really recommend to discuss this again. It was pretty fun the way before 1.0.11 and felt very balanced and rewarding to pay the risk not being able to block and push. I would really promote that.
It is an PVE game, no competetive PVP Game. Build diversity is pretty much fun (in Vermintide 2) so i was really flashed by "wow a ranged weapon that counts as heavy melee punsh thingy. - AWESOME.

Actually my Ogryn is parked and I am a bit demotivated.
Please think about it. Was it really not mentioned? Was it really too strong? It was absolutely awesome and hope it will find its way back to game.

5 Likes

The Gauntlet’s light attacks as they are now are just completely useless. I never use them. The heavy is still nice for staggering.

I don’t mind Grenadier Gauntlet light attacks don’t proc heavy attack thing anymore. What I don’t like is damage itself.

I think Grenadier Gauntlet melee damage should match the weakest melee weapon of Ogryn at least, since it has shorter range.

And I think it’s special attack should be stronger than ranged shot, special attack uses an ammunition unlike the other classes’ fancy gimmick melee weapon, this special attack isn’t needed since it’s weaker than ranged boom now. (numbers are almost equal when you show stats of item, but it deals very different when you test in test room, ranged shot is way more powerful when you shot at enemies body.)

All attacks, light, hevy and special, WAS stronger before.
But in another way. Not by damage - it was in a special unique way.
You could build around and become a valid cc build, without tons of damage but the chance to carry hard situation, become last man standing and rescue team and so on. It was all possible without tons of r0xx0r dmg just by the fact that the hits count as heavy. - so it made it very unique and alot of fun in playstyle.

that is what i am missing