Not a Roadmap, just a general direction - Question for Fat Shark

That seems to be more for in-depth look at the things going on in the background, though, rather than “what we’re working on” thing. Before launch, there were things about changes from VT1 and lore; after that, there have been a few installments showcasing what goes into making some aspects of the game. So it’s not quite what we’re after here.

Some time ago Hedge did express his willingness to do a regular (fortnightly or monthly) update on what is going on, but unfortunately that, for one reason or another, didn’t pick up yet.

Personally, I highly doubt whether we even could get any info about DLCs or other content updates beyond the obvious “we are working on it, it’s out when it’s out”, but there are a few things I’d like to know too. My concerns are mainly about balance things: What is the next focus on balancing the game (Talents, Traits, Career balance…) and whether there is any order planned yet for the rest.

But gathering info from various places, I’ll guess we’ll get the next major content update around March 8th (the first anniversary of VT2) and that a lot of work is going towards that; and judging by this the next target for balancing might be Traits.

And I think VT3 (or another major project) will only start coming out when FS feels there’s nothing to be gained anymore from developing VT2 further, monetarily or otherwise.

1 Like