Noone joining in Cata bots suck

It does not.

Fatshark had a stream a few months after the chat wheel was introduced and someone asked in chat which commands the bots listen to and they said only the pick up/drop item ones. That’s it.

5 Likes

Goes into the issue of people not knowing how to play with bots. If they’re on me, I can stay in spots where they’ll live, but they always tend to go on the other person who stands in the open and almost causes a full wipe.

3 Likes

That brings up another point actually, their weird priorities regarding who to follow. With two humans in a game sometimes they decide to each follow a different person, and sometimes they’ll all follow one person, honestly no idea what affects their decision making in this regard. Might honestly be simpler and easier to plan around if they just reliably stuck to the host. Nothing like having a rando join your game, pull your bots somewhere far away then go down and leave, making you wish you’d kept that match private.

3 Likes

If I’m doing Righteous Stand, I will keep it private until after the first event, because of bots.

Players can survive anywhere on that map, but with 1-2 players the highest success I’ve had is standing by one of the side gates and rotating towards the entrance door. It forces Specials in and keeps the bots underneath cover.

Other players won’t stand there, and the bots ALWAYS follow them for some reason.

Almost every time this happens, it ends up with me soloing the end of the event.

3 Likes

This is completely tangential, but why does everyone in QP wanna stand in the open up where the gate’s opening in that first Righteous Stand event? I hate that spot and it gives specials a near 300 degree vision on you. Your bot strat is pretty much what I always wanna do in that event since it forces specials into easy sniping range.

Even if it’s just me with bots in that event though I find if I miss a single blight stormer, instead of sensibly repositioning around the outside with me, half my bots end up running into the centre of the arena then get surrounded by elites and drop in no time, or just fail to change position and get yeeted by the storm into the centre of the arena where again surrounded by elites while I’m furiously sniping out the constant stream of specials that event throws at you yada yada.

I just want them to be vaguely predictable and know how to push to your position when surrounded, no issue with them having terrible DPS that’s completely fair.

2 Likes

I stand at the gate because I like to snipe specials and not stand in a corner

Every time I stand by the gate people spam switch sides and leave massive gaps. If I’m range, people always try to do Specials too. I gave up.

1 Like

Honestly, I think it’s random. Sometimes I see the bots only follow the host and sometimes they teleport and follow the person who is dragging behind. I don’t think they are coded to stick to one person or to only protect the hero who is falling behind. In my honest opinion, they should always follow the host.

Because on launch, it was the easiest spot to hold after Legend was nerfed. Also, there were a lot of videos out at the time from the top players saying this was the best vantage point for Righteous Stand. At one time, it was the best spot.

People get these bad behaviors from watching outdated videos.

I actually read a YouTube comment because someone was yelling at the person who made this one video on how to fight a Stormfiend because he was able to walk through the fire on the ground. This guy obviously didn’t play the game back when it didn’t do any damage.

We shouldn’t blame any of the people who make the videos either because they were accurate at one point. The game keeps changing drastically every 6 months and some of those people who used to make videos don’t even play the game anymore so they don’t remove or update their channels.

I always try to tell people to start at the inside gates and then rotate around. Some will listen while others not. Unfortunately, you can’t really tell people what to do if they think they already know what they’re doing.

3 Likes

Isn’t this what forum wanted before? Without reward, there wouldn’t be enough player. There are many player who don’t play cata with enough skill. And highly skilled players don’t play cata pub because they played too much. They play only with their friends.
And also weave things?
Playing with only friends contents are forums opinion i think.

Seems Chaos wastes would be same.
Whether you like or not, you have to make friends in game and play only with them.

1 Like

Huh?

Rewards and the fact that it’s gated behind a DLC are an issue.

I have over 30 friends who play V2 Cata, but hardly any of them play anymore. How many people should I have on my friends list dedicated to one game?

A lack of players on Cata is a huge issue, because it will just lead to the game dying out. A lot of my most recent experiences have been playing to end events with bots and then wiping. Starting to get bored of it.

2 Likes

Halfway unrelated: This always seems odd to me. If I remember correctly then you are from the UK. Which is …. so I would think close enough to Europe that we see the same lobbies.

Personally, in the evening hours I have never issues finding games for Cataclysm. However, it seems to be more troublesome for Great Britain. There was another user here in the forum who complained about lobbies as well (that time for Legend). Is the UK Living in some kind of internet bubble? (If you even are from the UK).

It strikes me as odd somehow O.o That said, for remote destinations a lack of lobbies is a problem but I don’t think it would be an issue for EU and NA.

1 Like

Eastern US have very little cata lobbies. Every time I solo QP, the game puts me in matches halfway across the world instead of somewhere say from Canada or Western US lol

Then I look at the lobby, and most of the US and Canada lobbies are either full or private.

There doesn’t appear to be a lot of Vermintide/Warhammer fans in the East here.

1 Like

Only reasonable reward can increase cata player base, nothing else. And I remember that forum wanted no reward for cata.

Many dedicated players have left or don’t play much like before. Same reason here, No reward. What would make them keep playing? I dunno, nothing.

Stagger mechanism was one thing. I didn’t like that much though, it was bearable.
But no matchmaking for weave and no reward for cata? I also left for few months after WOM… That was unbearable.

Nowadays I don’t play if there aren’t players to play with. Soloing is just not fun. I also think this is huge issue. Almost dead pub. However, if chaos wastes comes out with separated mode and no actual reward for it as expected, this game would be more dead in months.

1 Like

Did the forum really not want rewards for Cata? I don’t remember seeing that anywhere.

He probably means no better reward than Legend. And yes, I stand to that comment. Cataclysm should not provide better rewards than Legend.

3 Likes

You can easily find those statements by search. Actual rewards for playing cataclysm

I saw similar things before WOM and on reddit too.
I remember no reward for cata was dominant opinion and i objected it.

To my understanding, there were cata rewards in the WoM beta but were removed because it caused the game to crash.

This is what I was told. I have no idea if that is the reason why they were ultimately removed. I didn’t even know WoM existed until January of this year lol

Concerning whether or not there should be rewards, I would vote yes but then the question remains: what kind of rewards? It can’t just be different boxes based on grabbing books.

Everyone who is ready to make the jump to cata is welcome of course but increasing red drop rates in newer cata boxes would just attract too many people pushing for full book runs when they aren’t even ready for vanilla cata runs. This would cause a lot of frustration and eventually decrease in player retention.

2 Likes

I don’t see an issue with rewards for Cata. You can get Power capped on Legend pretty easily, so it’s not like you need to do anything for higher gear.

I try to join a QP every now and then, but usually it ends up with people without rhyme or reason pushing forward, nobody taking books, and then everyone dies with the first horde that comes along, or the host dies and closes the game and you reload the map…
I think the only decent way to get a cata run going is by arranging a group via LFG on Discord or via a Steam Group, QP is just wasted time.

I guess i can go off topic?

I’ll do one comment.

I think they should open up cata for free, purely the difficulty.
All it does is split the playerbase, for no reason.

4 Likes