No temporary HP on ranged kills

yeah people keep saying that , but it was never my experience , i got my time in before drachenfels even dropped , im not sure if the game changed over its lifetime or its a regional difference, but there just were not infinite ammo/heat builds and even ranged guys used melee at least half the time.

either way it was that game i enjoyed and why i don’t play this one anymore.

which is fine we cant all get what we want and i got more than my money’s worth out of this. i just don’t get it. it just seems to me the design and implementation went in different ways

“I think you shouldn’t be able to get temporary HP on ranged kills.”

No.

i get so few pyros on my runs these days. i don’t know where all these guys are saying that ‘pyros carry everything’ i hardly ever get pyros that know how to truly carry the team, i always get Mr. Ironbreaker-who-fights-valiantly-out-in-the-open gets surrounded and dies, completely deaf bounty hunters who doesn’t know how to hunt specials, or best yet, a spear-wielding shade who dies to the stormvermin end boss and then blames the team for not CCing for him.

i think my biggest beef is deaf people. like, audio cues are so important in this game!

ok, i’m digressing away from the topic, somebody bring it back to context please. lol

1 Like

Yeah it was possible to play ranged focused.
But i never ran into groups with four ranged focused character. max two.
It was normally Kerrilian or Sienna.
As far as i remember Kerrilian had to use swift bow if she wanted to spam arrows.
And as Sienna i only spammed fireballs if i had no choice because venting did true damage.
In V2 you can kill entire hords by youreself if you have a good position.
Well of course V2 is still a lot of fun to me.
If i join groups that seem to focus to much on ranged i just leave. But sometimes its really hard to find a group without BH + IB(flamethrower) + Sienna/waystalker/huntsmen

Feel free to fill me in on your findings. And have fun smashing those rat bastards as well :wink:

I too prefered VT1’s healing, but have gotten used to VT2’s. I loved being able to cleave hordes of slave rats and watch my hp regen, and liked the dodge focused aspect. That being said, i can understand why they changed (bit more frantic gameplay now). I do wish i could have both regrowth and temp health, but then again, i wanna live forever and be a “healer” or “healing focused tank”

you are right =) you can’t clear dying status no matter how much you proc regrowth. however, the pulsing red screen edges actually disappear after a while, that was what led me to believe dying status was cleared.

2 Likes