No Motivation to do my best ingame!

Hallo Fatshark,

I have maybe a small or in my eyes a big problem. My problem is that i have no Motivation for playing good in the game rounds! Why u ask? The problem is that i cant see how much elite i have killed or Mutants or normal enemys or how less dmg i have take to my teammates. In Vermitide 2 i have ever a big Motivation that on the end of a lvl stand my name on the most kills and so on. (Other say MVP).

I have heard that “Fatshark” dont want toxic player but i dont understand this statement!? When u can see it after the lvl how much u have do then i see the randoms in my team never again or i dont remember by the next time. And when i play with friend why i should be toxic to my freinds?

But now i dont feel Motivation in Darktide for be the best player =( i can only see how much enemys have killed the team and this is very very boring. I have speak with other players and they say the same.

Please put more details for every player after the game like: who was the best in killing elites. who have kill the most Mutants, Who have bekome the most or less dmg, who have make the most headshots and so on. In Vermitide i have never feel that the player are toxic from this.

P.S: sry for my bad english but i hope u understand what i mean =)

1 Like

Warhammer 40,000: Darktide: Steam-News-Hub (steampowered.com)

Working on, but not in the beta:
We are working on how best to implement an end-of-screen scoreboard that rewards the cooperative behaviors we aim for in Darktide’s gameplay

:open_book: :eyes:

1 Like

Yea thanks but is not sure that it is like Vermitie or so. Fatshark is only working on it but nobody knows what comes in the end ingame =D I hope its then not only “MVP:Name” and more not. I want pls know who is the best in a categorie and a exact Number =D

I also noticed some decrease in motivation but it comes from gameplay. I managed to play through the story (if that skeleton plot from the beta can be called a story) and now it is just playing for customizing the character because that is all left to do - but that serves no real purpose (ok; let’s say gaming does not have the highest purpose in life but playing for some loot and skins has even lower purpose) and in combination with some unfair game mechanics that tiny bit of dopamine is not worth it (step 1. ensure that nobody is behind you, step 2. turn to engage other enemies, step 3. immediately get attacked from behind. Bonus step: it is a trapper or other special enemy. Or a horde that literally comes out of nowhere. Or: there is nobody there, because the enemy turned with you and stays in your back for 2-3 turns).

Working on, but not in the beta:
We are working on how best to implement an end-of-screen scoreboard that rewards the cooperative behaviors we aim for in Darktide’s gameplay

I’m worried that this scoreboard will be basically useless for determining your actual performance. I get it, green circles can incentivize bad behavior, but showing people stats that “reward cooperative behavior” can be just as bad. Despite what some people seem to believe, the Tide games primarily revolve around dishing out as much damage as you can while taking as little damage as possible. Damage dealt and damage received are the most important stats and that’s due to the design of these games. If damage dealt/damage received are not shown on whatever their scoreboard ends up being, and instead you get crap like showing an ogryn how much ranged damage they blocked with their shield then not only will it be useless as a tool for measuring your performance but it will incentivize stupid behaviors instead of just selfish ones. I’m all for there being extra stats that showcase secondary achievements related to “cooperative behaviors” but in the end, this is a game about damage.

1 Like

I would just wait and see what Fatshark finally delivers at this point before I criticize. Many things in this game I do not particularly enjoy, but even here I’m holding back, since it is still a beta. Just keep your feet on the ground for a few more days :slight_smile:

The scoreboard is also something that is not very relevant to me. Who cares how much damage you deal if your playstyle only puts the whole team in bad situations? The goal in a COORPERATIVE game should actually be to accomplish something TOGETHER and not to compete with each other… in my opinion, that’s what PvP shooters are for. If you’re not bored at level 5, the drive for the game should be to get better, right? And not two meaningless numbers that are completely irrelevant in the next run.

The scoreboard is also something that is not very relevant to me. Who cares how much damage you deal if your playstyle only puts the whole team in bad situations?

One, dealing as much damage as possible does not inherently mean “putting the whole team in bad situations” especially since things being dead tends to negate bad situations. Two, the vast majority of people playing video games like to see how they are performing and like to get better at whatever game they are playing. A scoreboard is hard statistical data on your performance, and for many people the desire to be at the top of that scoreboard (in whatever way the game presents that) is a big motivating factor for them continuing to play the game and for continuing to get better at the game.

2 Likes

And this is the point what i mean =) I want see where i stand with my play and when someone is better then me in a round then i want play the next round more better. =)