NB and health packs

I would very much prefer if skaven slaves and chaos cultists only granted 1 temp hp on ranged kill.
Maybe add +1 hp on melee hs to the hp on crit talent - it’s underutilized.

That said, a good flamer knows about the woes of his teammates. When I play Sienna with Flamer, they protect me so I can charge. So the least I can do is not blind them. I usually do a quick sweep over a wave to stagger them, then hold onto one area for a second, repeat. Allows the melee’s to attack risk-free.

Why is the approach for making something that is underused more viable by gimping other stuff? Health on crit can pretty much only exist one one state where it is “balanced”: When it heals alot more on crits than on temp HP, it is preferable on “high crit” characters like Shade, Merc or Pyro and still useless on anybody else. If it would heal THAT much that it would be viable for even “low crit” characters, it would make temp health on kill obsolete and everyone would choose that. I think the whole temp health stuff should be reworked:
Temp health on melee kill, temp healh on ranged kill, temp health on damaging elites and bosses.

How about making the health gain on crit permanent hp? Lower chance to gain health but what you gain, you keep.

1 Like

That could work, on paper at least. But I still don’t see how it would be that much of a boon. Okay, so you get true health, but it is still considerably less and less reliable. I mean, at a certain point, you get by on temp health over the whole map, anyway, and only use healing as convenience, not necessarily because you need it.
I would also see problems with Pyro Sienna and beam staff, since this is, arguably, one of the few builds that can benefit from health on crit, but that’s just a minor aspect.
The poinit is that it really doesn’t matter if it is true health or temp health: If it doesn’t proc at the right time, you don’t get any. There is no difference between temp health you don’t get and true health you don’t get.

I haven’t found the perfect solution for temp hp but here are some of my ideas:

Remove temp hp on kill (my favorite). Temp hp on crit isn’t that strong and reliable so that the replacement and hp on boss kill matter.

Overhauling all 3. Feel free to come up with nice stuff.

There are 3 lvl 20 talents only one is usually chosen suggestion:
1st temp hp melee focus, 2nd temp hp from ranged focus, 3rd temp hp crit focus.

Currently killing a skaven slave gives as much temp hp as killing a chaos warrior.
I suggest to give more temp hp the more dmg was dealt or some kind of tier list mechanic.

1 Like

I think that would be an overall good approach to start with. There are many possibilities how to tweak it. If it was to stay the way it is, I think gradually increasing the amount gained by the kind of target would be a nice idea. You could also bring other things into the mix, like headshots healing temp health, headshot kills healing more, critical kills healing more, consecutive attacks against the same target within a certain time frame without hitting other targets, killing or damaging specials and/or elites, “saving” teammates, reviving teammates, there are a bunch of possible key actions that could warrant temp health.

1 Like

I think were getting off-topic here so I took my self the liberty open a new topic so we can continue here:

best effect for me =D

played a lot during the weekend (loving the dlc). i had one guy ask me if i was running NB in the lobby, i said yes, and he left immediately. the next run was a skittergate run, and it went great, full books. probably wouldn’t have gone so well if he stayed hehe

i guess that’s why i love this game. it’s not only NB that’s controversial due to different people having different playstyles, it’s also classes, weapons, talents that people love to debate about.

NB is great on classes that don’t get the kills to pad their temp HP but have great tactical utility on the front line. Why iron breaker is the go too. It means all that pidling chip damage from hagsbane fireball or even the occasional blackrat slam just goes away and I don’t have to kill steal to do it. Then again why would you ever not play the most offensive build you can, shields are for chumps and have no purpose in the higher difficulties or some other elitist nonsense.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.