My gameplay feedback

I ve played a lot darktide last weeks and it was fun but there are some things that i wont miss if they are gone.

I would like to see the non elite/special shooters be reworked because only on my sharpshooter and only with 1-2 guns i can deal with them effectively. On my 3 other classes shooters deal way too much damage, you cannot kill them in melee most of the times because they spread and hide or they climb on a balkony outside of the map and shoot you, sometimes they still shoot through walls. I dont want to relly on getting a sharpshooter on my team that will have one of the few weapons, on a game without a lobby and even with a lobby you cannot change characters in this one, to clear the shooters. In vermintide2 everyone could change before mission so we had a strong team and synergy but now we have to go blind in. Sometimes its fun brainbursting them with the other 3 mages you got from matchmaking but i feel something has to change.

Many hits per game do not register. I see the blood i hear the sound but no hitmark or damage, on the other hand some times no sound no blood but my hammer hits something 10 meters away almost like i can throw it. I would like to see this fixed before any update or anything at all personaly.

Barrels. I dont find fun triggering every barrel while i traverse the map because if a fight happens there there are good chanses the barrel will kill you, and thats why barrels are a good % of my deaths for sure, because i dont do it.

I was expecting, since many times it was a problem in Vermintide2, that flying out of map with a little of a knockback, without a good reason ,and dying instantly would not happen here but i was wrong. Its funny seeing someone fly but too often it is annoying.

Votekick has to be removed because since my first game i havent seen it help anyone, only toxic players use it and the one that is kicked most of the times is a new player and the one trying for best. My personal experience with votekick is “why did you come with a hammer?” -disconnected from server… And in one game i was fighting a boss solo because the other guys probably didnt even notice it, and by the time i kill it -disconnencted from server. Thats a great feature. Why wont you remove it and see the ones that dont like the game get themselves out? I think thats best for all.

I thiink the last thing that is annoying, like it was in vermintide2, is some spawns but i guess they ll take their time to get fixed, and in one map that i cant remember the name, there is one big platform and from the other big platform above, that you have to wait the ascender later, all kind of enemies drop from 100 spots and you will probably clear both platforms before you take the stairs but still then there is a good chance a group drops behind you at anytime and you die,like it happened to me a lot of times, i think the enemies should use the stairs and not drop from 100 meters.

On top of these we have some “people” that will use chat more than left click in games and will boost every negative aspect something can have or try to bully you with the screboard that they mod into the game( they cant bully me with scoreboard because they cant, but i ve seen it happen a lot) but at least there are some players nice to play with.

Man do i ever HATE this. It happens so often and its horrible.

you have a gun zealot, use it

Shooters and enemy aggro radius already got nerfed too hard as it is. I already see enemies standing around conversating while i beat their friends to death 10 meters away. The game is already too easy often enough. If you’re struggling so much with them you are probably approaching them as a problem wrong.

4 Likes

I never said the game is hard or i struggle, i played too much of vermintide and games in general, with a proper team every map and difficulty seems easy. All these things i talked about are mostly changes to make gameplay smoother and more fun in my opinion. I dont like to bring in every character i play a gun just for shooters, that d be call of duty not darktide ;). Maybe i am wrong, maybe not but thats how i felt after more than 250 hours till now.

I certainly wasn’t implying you were bad but my reading of this suggests that you find them too difficult to deal with unless there is a sharpshooter in the game. However this is not the experience I have at all with them (anymore).

Darktide is about hybrid combat, that includes shooting mechanics that are common to games like CoD. But you can do it suboptimally with shorter range weapons. Its one of the tradeoffs with using them.

Just engage.

Apart from very, very few select locations shooters can be run down pretty easily. Gunners and reapers should be taken out or stunned at least of course.

I wouldnt say they are difficult to deal, i m always up for a challenge, i just dont like the logic that a normal type enemy forces you to play specific weapons and feats, on lvl5 maps always, and none of the specials or elites or anything else has that big of a weight. I would say i m annoyed that a normal enemy is limiting my playstyle so much.

If you didnt notice my name on forum is wwww, and some extra information, my ingame name on my zealot is wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww also, so all i do is engage xD. I dont think the locations that you cant just go in are just a few, i had several flashbacks only by reading your post, i think they are many.

Still, like you suggested, i mostly go in because if i wanted to shoot from further away i would load in my sharpshooter, but its so annoying having to hunt the normal enemies that kite, hide and erase your armor with 1 or 2 hits max inside the chaos of a lvl5 map. At least specials always hunt you and if they fail they come back to try again and elites will hide and go back sometimes but they are not zooming. Shooters in my eyes are an other version of a hitman,and for sure they downed me more times than anything else directly or indirectly(guess what happens if some shooters run behind a crusher with some rangers while you chase them), maybe they should be the elites after all.

I would say that you are refusing to engage with the game as it was designed and then being frustrated by the bad results.

Shooters do not need a redesign, your playstyle does.

1 Like

Yes my friend lets rename the game Darktide: Kantrael MG XII Infantry Lasgun and lets go! wooooo
By saying i am wrong and playing bad over and over again you will not change my mind, i will just lose interest over your words. Thats my experience of the game untill now and i refuse to use same weapon and same playstyle for all my characters, there is no point. If you dont get it, its ok!, you dont have to understand me just move on, i want to be like this and i will be like this.
Shooters need more work, if you want to continue saying that i need more work and i cannot play good enough, please let me be.

But the problem is you, not the shooters. We need to hammer that into your head, since you can’t come to this realization yourself.

2 Likes

I dont need hammering, thank you, you can go hammer yourself :wink:

Dude, shooters are not the problem, the way you’re handling them is.

Well i explained what i feel above and from what you guys write i think you didnt even read it. I will not repeat myself, if you have something to say we can talk. I dont know if you hang out with shooters or you made a deal with them, i cannot understand what you want to achieve by spamming that i am a problem and shooters are nice. Its funny, but its no fun.

I did not read what you wrote, I just came here to tell you that you are wrong. Shooters are fine, bordering to easy after the nerf, you are the problem, not the shooters.

1 Like

If you are open to advice here is mine:

• Kill the gunners/reaper before engaging or shortly after. (Reapers can actually be used as cover too)
  • Slide and ult make you immune for the duration
  • Enemies can usually be used as cover.
  • Keep dodging while attacking.
  • Alway engage from a direction where at least one side is covered. (You can engage in the middle if you are good at it)
  • Be aware of your surroundings, where you can retreat to, or where you can hide. Use the terrain to your advantage basically.
  • Always keep your ranged weapon ready to quickly shoot that 1 enemy shooting you when you dive for cover or to quickly stun a gunner when you hear the wind-up sound (they also say something while doing so).

I can do this with psyker too, it’s kind of easier in a lot of ways than on Zealot, but you have a lot less room for error.

I advise you to take something high-impact mobile weapon, I favor the headtaker Caxe for this, but Taxe is also a good alternative. It’s really good at engage heavy gameplay (it doesn’t mean other weapons can’t do it, but it’s easier with mobile weapons).

2 Likes

Thank you for your time and your advice, i never said that i struggle with shooters, i can deal with them but i think they need more work. I dont like how much of an impact they have compaired to every other enemy in the game. There are bugs with them too but thats not my point.

Does someone pays you to waste my time? If you dont want to read my post, dont write under it. Go with your friends? and talk about it, i would ask if i needed your opinion :slight_smile:

I don’t read because it doesn’t matter what you write, the shooters are fine, I’m telling you. It’s you that’s the problem.