More forgiving ledge revive hitbox?

Hey! So I don’t think it would be unreasonable to make it easier to interact with fallen allies on ledges.

In the current state you really have to square up and inch toward the edge to grab people which wastes a lot of time and I think is unintentionally more difficult than it should be. Considering it’s much easier to tumble off accidentally in certain areas than it is to actually take lethal damage, could the revive be at least as easy to trigger as a normal downed ally?

You would still have to walk to the edge, except within arms reach instead of nose’s reach.

10 Likes

That’s probably a good idea, especially as I’ve found myself dangling farther off of the edge than normal in some games, and it looks like I’m hanging off of mid air.

5 Likes

This is usually caused by bosses doing their running attack combo on you while you are hanging, their moving hitbox is what pushing you.

I feel like this somewhat needs to be addressed now, since in Chaos Wastes this problem had become very apparrent in contrast with the campaign mode.

2 Likes

Unfortunate this feedback is so old yet hasn’t been addressed yet. Played a chaos waste w/ a group of friends that I got into the game recently and on the last level we had two instances of ledge issues that ultimately caused us to fail.

1st instance was during one of the platform defense points before you reach the main area. My character was hanging off the ledge, but was actually holding onto a point further in from where the ledge was. My team had to ultimately finish the platform defense because he couldn’t find the pickup prompt, which even without enemies took several seconds of moving back and forth to get right.

The 2nd instance was on the final platform where my teammate fell off the outer edge and was dangling. I went for the revive, couldn’t find the spot and then ultimately found it as I walked off the ledge myself which ended our run.

Just make the pick up radius slightly larger please! I don’t see reasons against doing this.

3 Likes

Please! A little more range on the pickup would go a long way. Maybe make the boon to pick yourself up a little more common.

2 Likes

I actually made a post about this a little while ago. Idk why they’ve made it so you literally have to be standing on top of your ally to get the prompt to appear. It allows so many opportunities for you to just get bumped off by sheer collision not even attacks. It’s a bad mechanic that should have been addressed a while ago. Kinda like assassins attacking through enemies. But we all know how that turned out.

3 Likes

Gotta agree, takes me 30 seconds to pull someone up without enemies, getting ledged in a horde is a death sentance.

2 Likes

It really sucks, our new strategy is to basically ignore allies who are hanging on ledges unless there is nothing going on (doesn’t happen on that last leg of the citadel of eternity). It takes too much time to find the pickup (unreliable) and if you rush there is a good chance you’ll throw yourself off the edge too.

This has happened so many times to us too and when it kills an otherwise fantastic run it really puts a sour taste in your mouth.

crouch

in a fight you’re gonna crouch? I mean sure if you’re waiting for the wave to crash against you and you’re letting your ranged soften them up. But let’s be honest you’re not gonna crouch mid-scrum and you’re even less likely to crouch near a ledge aiming away from an enemy attacking you to try and get the I-frame that may or may not appear

1 Like

Hits break the pulling up process, so you cannot rescue people when in melee. Crouching or not, it doesn’t matter in this case.

You can revive while not crouching. Is it that crouching helps with the hitbox size? I would believe it, but that’s not good design, and I didn’t even know about that.

Ledges have always been a poorly designed part of the game. When you cheese enemies off of ledges, they have no falling animation, and they float just over the edge for a moment before falling like its looney tunes; that, or they magically reappear back on solid ground.

This should’ve been fixed years ago or even before release; that or don’t allow falling off of ledges. As is, it’s not fully implemented.

I recommend allowing players to recover from falling off a ledge without assistance when there are no nearby enemies (who in the Ubersreik 5 can’t do a pull-up) and making the revive hitbox bigger. If there are no nearby enemies, I recommend allowing players to recover themselves anytime they are downed after a brief cooldown period.

For enemies falling off ledges, I recommend allowing them to pull themselves back up by grabbing and using the climb animation, but if staggered with more than one count of stagger, enemies fall off and enter a new falling animation or ragdoll as when dead. If enemies fall on solid ground and do not die from fall damage, they should use the get-back-up animation they do when they are staggered enough to fall and pick themselves up.

1 Like

I think having a “spam this button to lift yourself up” would be a much better implementation than “better hope your teammate can save you”. Big emphasis on “hope” too because sometimes the prompt doesn’t appear until you yourself are falling off the ledge. I’ve watched countless teams wipe themselves trying to save one person who got knocked off a ledge for one reason or another (clumsy, boss, assassin, etc.) because they’re trying to get the prompt to appear and they themselves fall off the edge because it’s such a finnicky mechanic. I actually went into 3rd person to see where my character was when i was about to rescue someone and i was LITERALLY FLOATING IN MID AIR, i literally had to break the game in order for the prompt to appear. That’s just not okay and it seems like such an easy fix, just widen the radius you can rescue people and that would drastically reduce the amount of issues. They needn’t even change the mechanic at all just widen the radius at which you can rescue and BAM, problem instantly solved.

1 Like