More commentary and suggestions from a YouTube content creator

I’ve spent a lot of time with cashcrop_'s content. A very solid DT youtuber with a noteworthy grasp of the game. His latest commentary: 6 MONTHS of DARKTIDE: A Review | What 10 Changes can REDEEM it? - YouTube

8 Likes

Great video!! He’s very fair and balanced

1 Like

I appreciated his recap of all the things that happened with darktide. I had forgotten some of them. It is fair to say to the devs that this game is tremendously improved since launch. Unfortunately its just now reaching the state it should have been at on launch. That technical debt really hurt the prospects of this title but i suspect, as many do, that it can realize the high potential on display.

CAN WE GET A #BREAKTHELOCKS
THIS HORSE MAY BE DEAD BUT I’M STILL SWINGING AT THE RAGDOLL.

9 Likes

Seems like the youtubers have finally had enough time with the game to start making thorough breakdowns, seen a couple of good deep dives into Fatshark’s history posted here lately. Been looking forward to this, it’s probably the best way to get the highest number of people aware of the problems this game has.

2 Likes

Added thread to the wall.

2 Likes

Yeah, I noticed a shift just before this patch. Even the ones that are usually going out of their way to be positive with the game (I’m not judging, actually, I feel their pain) are now pushing for changes.

3 Likes

I think content creators get hit pretty hard with this. What’s the point in guides on builds if you can’t replicate them and reproduce them?

What’s the point in watching guides on strategies for beating certain maps/difficulties/modifiers when you can’t reliably and consistently practice?

What’s the point in videos talking about how height and background can affect your character when you can’t change it afterwards?

What’s the point in talking about team composition when, if you load into a mission start/ready screen and see a bunch of zealots all with flamers, you can’t swap over to another character to balance the team better?

I also honestly don’t know how much of the player base will remain after June 15th. Fatshark goes on vacation and DRG season 4 comes out.

4 Likes

The point is … frustration?

Did I get it right?

1 Like

I’m an edge case but I still enjoy watching builds and theory crafting even if I won’t be able to do it. I do the same thing for 40k Tabletop, I’ll come up with lists and build ideas for armies I have no plan of making anytime in the near future (I swear I’m not autistic AFAIK).

Your background doesn’t affect your character unless you’re from Cadia and choose the cut throat voice, right?

Is it confirmed June 15th? Wouldn’t it be the 16th because that’s Friday?

It does, it can be rare though. For example, I chose for my ogryn to have been lost to a warp storm on a ship and when he got back was charged with dereliction of duty. During a mission we talked about morrow I think and how he was swallowed up by a warp storm for centuries and my ogryn said “it happens”. You could argue that it wasn’t related but I have seen some similar things, just very rare and subtle.

I think they’re very rare but there are some voice lines.

I don’t know when fatshark will officially go on vacation, I just mean DRG season 4 starts then and fatshark will go on vacation soon. The season will keep most people busy for at least 3 months.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.