Mission Selection

the whole random mission selection thing is killing the game, im fine with modifiers like endless horde, scriptures or grimoires being random thats fine however after waiting 2 hours to get a disruption mission to complete the last challenge for my helmet it finally shows up but at tier 1. It feels like your punishing the players that have grinded your game so far. when missions populate the difficulty slider should always be selectable so that we can complete our tasks that you have set before us. ive poured thousands and thousands of hours into vermintide 1&2 over the years and love the games but darktide as it stands looks like it has a life span of weeks at best.

Edit: Also while speaking of unlocking cosmetics through achievements why can we not see what we have completed and what we lack like we can in vermintide 2 it simply says 6/7 mission types completed were just supposed to run all 7 again if we lose track ?

I’ve only played for 15 hours but I’m really feeling the lack of map variety. On release, VT2 had 12 maps and something vaguely resembling a “campaign”. It felt like I had something to wade through while leveling.

Here, they plan on releasing “13 missions in 5 zones”, which, if I’m interpreting this correctly, means 5 maps with different mission types. The same environments, over and over, with different objectives. I can’t see how those playing the CBT and Pre-Order Beta won’t get tired of the same old same old on release.

It’s strange that they opted for this approach after years of the VT2 community asking them to “just add more maps” every time future content was in question. And they are good at making maps, for what it’s worth.