Making Flamesword feel unique

Im confused. Here you say

but here you say

doesn’t this contradigt each other?
I think im missunderstanding here something.

@Isshagal
When Licious-D sayd

he did refer to the animation not to the player moving slower.

My opinion about this topic is in this thread

Of course i think there are tons of possibilitys how to make the fire sword more fun, much more unique while still keeping a good balance.

I personally right now would prefer if the fire sword gets stronger the more overcharge you currently have. In which way doesn’t really mather for me. Either more cleave, more dot damage, dot on every attack, bether anti armor, more overall damage or a mix between some of these. Just any kind of buff. The real biggest buff should come with the highest overcharge level while before this level is reached, it would only get a slight buff. The reason why i want the buff to be tied to your current overcharge level is because in that case you kinda would have to decide if you wanna go melee or ranged in a situation. If you want to make much melee damage you need high overcharge which means you can’t use your staff that much anymore. In order to make it possible to stay on high overcharge even in melee combat the weapon would need a mechanic to generate overcharge. So some special attack that creates overcharge would be important. It would have to be either an attack or a block. Else you would have to get out of the melee combat to be able to recharge. But i think it would be more fun if you could recharge while still being engaged in melee.

I just really like high risk high reward playstyles that require a lot of skill.
These preferences lead to my suggestion.

• High risk because as unchained you would be very close to exploding if you want to get the most out of the weapon (Like i said the big buff would only come if you are in red overcharge).
    Other sienna carrers wouldn’t really be able to utilize the mechanic like unchained could but for me it looks like unchained is the melee path so it would kinda make sense.
  • High reward because the weapon gets quite strong.
  • High Skill. You would need to be really good i you want to use the fire swords whole potential. No constant hit trading during melee. Also your Overcharge management would need to be on point. Using your special attack at the right time, not to often but often enough while being engaged in melee would be really important.