Making everything Cata viable

Please no. We already have Vermintide 1 – just go play that. WoM/2.0 already did too much to make V2 play like V1.

3 Likes

This is a basic summary, obviously Cata involves a lot more movement, kiting Elites and timing, whereas V1 just had bunker points constantly.

A better summary may even be: staying close, but sticking even closer together during difficulty spikes, is how this game should be played.

I can kind of make selfish use of this on Cata if I really push for a Breakpoint build, but yeah, the Block Cost is just too good.

This will just lead me into a massive rant about how the game is more balanced at Cata level because of the way Stats work out.

Anyway, if you want help making things work in a build feel free to DM.

I think the issue is that a whole bunch of weapons are realistically pretty useless, and “making them work” tends to just be shoving them on a career with a whole heap of passive boosts and letting the career do most of the heavy lifting.

It’s not like a roguelite or something where a weapon might suck but then it gets super good with specific combos that aren’t as good elsewhere, in VT you’d generally be better running a good weapon on those careers in pretty much every situation.

5 Likes

Yes, some weapons are pretty useless. That’s what I thought this thread was going to focus on. I’m not against the idea of tweaking things; I was just surprised this thread was so broadly conceived instead of focusing on the stuff that basically has no niche at the moment.

1 Like

We could start doing that right now.
Just to name a few: volley crossbow, repeater pistol, swiftbow, 1h sword, falchion, greataxe.
And then there are weapons that are just painfully mediocre or below average: axes, handgun etc.

And can I please ask, why does every time I quote a post, it instantly edits it after I post and removes the quote?

5 Likes

My poor, sweet, forgotten child :sob:

2 Likes

Which Weapons did you feel wasn’t addressed? I’m yet to be quoted on a single suggestion, and people just keep coming out with general opinions on balance as a concept rather than the changes I’m suggesting.

Yes, let’s make all weapons deal the same amount of damage and have the same base critical chance and works with all heroes/careers/talents/properties. Let’s also just make every hero and career have the ability to tackle every enemy/boss/lord type in the game and balance them to ensure that all of these said heroes/careers can effectively true solo the game and just completely remove the 4 player co-op experience altogether.

Fantastic idea! :smile: :laughing:

Please quote me as saying or even implying this, with the exact change you’re referring to and how it in any way would make Weapons and Careers the same.

I’m begging you.

6 Likes