Make bots unable to trigger patrols

This is long overdue, Fatshark. The amount of runs I’ve lost because of the bots triggering a completely avoidable chaos patrol by either:

wandering directly into their path to melee a fcking gasrat
*staying behind to fight a few ambient stragglers
*using a shout ult in an area where we would otherwise be hidden from the patrol

is insane.

If there’s a chaos patrol on the map, no matter how good you are at avoiding patrols, the bots are almost guaranteed to find some way to pull it, and if you’re not playing a class that can immediately nuke a large chunk of them and you don’t have enough resources, the bots will be downed within 15 seconds, and then you’re forced to try to solo a patrol + whatever else is spawning. The most skilled players in the world are not getting out of that situation consistently.

5 Likes

I have to agree that it would be an improvement if the bots were made unable to trigger a patrol in this game. I don’t have that much negative experience with it, but it would be a a positive change.

ATM I think I’m having more problems with them getting stuck dancing on ladders than anything else :sweat_smile:

Bots dancing on ladders can be annoying, but if you press ahead they will teleport onto your location so that’s normally something that can be solved.

1 Like

I agree. Fatshark should make patrols immune to bots’ ranged attacks or ults until they are aggroed by a human player.

The same rationale for the mechanic where bots can’t deal friendly fire damage, can’t take fall damage (Patch 4.2), and can’t fall from ledges unprovoked (Patch 4.6) applies here.

While bots can’t trigger patrols via line of sight and bots won’t attack an unaggroed patrol, they can trigger a patrol if there’s a non-patrol enemy they shoot at and the shot hits the patrol. Or if they activate their ult and the ult hits the patrol.

2 Likes