Lost a fan and a sale

What else is there to say? It’s not the worst launch of a AAA game in the last 10 years but this was the third -tide game fatsharks made and the one I was most excited for. None of the lessons learned from VT2 stuck. A bunch of new bugs, crashes, and optimization issues appearing between beta and launch. I returned the game on steam but ended up with a key bundled with some hardware upgrades I picked up over cyber Monday, so I’ll be back eventually but I’m never directly spending a cent on another fs game.

6 Likes

Out of all the things I’ve seen in game development in my 30 year tenure as a gamer. This one really made absolutely no sense to me. They essentially spat on the community that carried their asses through VT1 and VT2. Disgusting.

4 Likes

I am probably going to hit the refund menu soon. It’s clear the FatShark prioritizes the mtx store moreso than the actual game

A $25 microtransation is prioritized over a crafting system and solo lobbies with bots

2 Likes

“Out of all the things I’ve seen in game development in my 30 year tenure as a gamer. This one really made absolutely no sense to me. They essentially spat on the community that carried their asses through VT1 and VT2. Disgusting.”

My feelings as well. I’ve played these things since the birth of the industry, and this just feels incredibly tone-deaf; especially with the upfront inclusion of a cash shop with predatory marketing. The VT2 cash shop was much better, and much less scummy

1 Like