Launcher and Game won't start after Win 11 Upgrade

**Issue Description:**Ever since my system updated to Win 11, VT2 won’t work at all. Trying to stat via Steam has no effect, it shows I started the game for a second then it’s off. No launcher, no splashes, nothing. Setting the game or launcher to compatibility and administrator have no effect. Adding VT2 and EAC to my anti virus exceptions, and disabling it, did not work. Verifying integrity did not work. Reinstalling did not work. Deleting and reinstalling EAC did not work. Switching to either beta option did not work. Not sure what else to do. My game just doesn’t want to work.

Update: managed to get the beta option to bypass launcher to work finally and the game runs. Still can’t get it to work normally though.

**Crash Report (If Applicable):**None available
[Please see instructions on how to provide a crash report in the pinned Topic]

**Error Displayed (If Applicable):**No code

Steps to Reproduce:

Map Name (If Applicable):

**Platform:**Steam
[Steam/Xbox/PlayStation]

Player ID:

**Approx. Time of Issue & Timezone:**All times, central zone

Reproduction Rate:
Once - Rare (<10%) - Unusual (<25%) - Common (<50%) - Often (<75%) - Constant (100%)

—100%

Upload Supporting Evidence:
[Screenshots, recordings, links to Twitch VODs, etc.]

Upload Console Log:

1. Press the Windows key + R
  2. Enter %appdata% within the search input and select ‘OK’
  3. Navigate to AppData\Roaming\Fatshark\Vermintide 2\console_logs
  4. Locate the console log that corresponds with the session in which the issue occurred, by looking at the timestamps in the log names
  5. Upload here

Upload user_settings.config:

3. Navigate to AppData\Roaming\Fatshark\Vermintide 2
  4. Locate the user_settings.config in this directory
  5. Upload here
    user_settings.config (6.8 KB)

Hi @someguy01,

Sorry to hear this. Though I’m glad you’re able to play using the launcher workaround!

It may also be worth trying reinstalling/repairing your .NET Framework installation. I believe this is version 4.8 for Windows 11:

If an error is displayed referencing that a later update is already installed, instead download and run the .NET Framework Repair Tool from the Microsoft website: https://www.microsoft.com/en-GB/download/details.aspx?id=30135

Thanks for the suggestion. It did find something to repair, but that did not in turn solve my issue. Launcher just won’t appear.

Hi @someguy01,

Hmm okay. Can I confirm if the launcher process is running at all in Task Manager?

If so, I wonder if it’s possibly opening off screen. Could you try:

1. With your desktop active, press CTRL + ALT + TAB
  2. See if you can select the Vermintide 2 Launcher

Nope. It doesn’t even appear for a second.

How strange! Hmm. It’s a shot in the dark, but you could try a clean reinstallation by deleting your AppData directory:

Did that and then did a fresh reinstall of the game. Still nada on the launcher!

Hm okay :thinking: Can you check if a console log and launcher log have been generated, and if so can you please provide us with those?

Both can be located in the Vermintide 2 AppData directory using the instructions below:

3. Navigate to AppData\Roaming\Fatshark\Vermintide 2

The root folder was not created until I launched the fresh install with the bypass. After doing that, only a console log was found. No launcher log.

console-2023-08-11-16.47.35-8830879a-b9a9-4982-ad9f-d3d4a2668bcc.log (155.7 KB)

Here is that only console log

Thanks @someguy01, I’ve passed this information and your log on to the development team and have asked for some additional input.

I’ll reply once I hear something back. Thank you for your patience!

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.