Lack of Shared Items and Currency Between Characters Feels Bad

I agree and hope FS gives us the same freedom as in VT2 - meaning “money” and “resources” and “skins” are shared account-wide and only weapons are per character (class).
Skins are already being shared within a class, so why not the rest?

Especially in the light of the new crafti… I mean upgrade system, it would even make more sense. Who will play several classes for hours on end, just to get a “better” weapon? I mean, it will take hours upon hours anyway (because RNG with drops/ shops/ “blessings”/ rolls/ …) but with shared resources it would be more fun to try out something new.
Why did FS take a step back from VT2?

To the point raised “I like to start from scratch” - easy. FS only needs to make a checkbox “Create operator without access to account resources” on the operator creation screen. Done.

+1
I see it the same way.

Yeah, the addition of dark patterns, like the premium currency, is already a step in the wrong direction, but with the inability to share resources?

Plus regarding Warframe, I sure do hope that we do not see boosters in Darktide… (like the double XP, Crafting materials, Coins, … ones)

1 Like

I feel you. I bought a blue outfit for my psyker, (he had a lot of extra money) and I was thinking, really, I want to buy blue, and use it on all my unlocked outfits, not buy every unlock in blue. That’s going to be mad grindy.

2 Likes

Another thing related to (item) progression that was noticed on Reddit: Apparently, the “base” number we see isn’t actually, really, showing the strength of an item, unlike in Vermintide:

So, to really get the “best” equipment, you need to get a good gray item and level it up to orange… And the dev blog about crafting said nothing about… actually being able to craft hte stuff we want.

RNG! RNG EVERYWHERE! WHat the bloody frack, Obese Megalodon?!

The game makes me MISS Vermintide 2’s equipment system and progression…

3 Likes

Well, its still beta, and they mostly listen to feedback, so just make enough noise and they will probably change it, mby not at launch but later on

If you could send money/mats to your other toons, even at a penalty (pay taxes to the holy emperor) that would be enough I think

Nah, we deserve better. Account wide inventory.

5 Likes

The separation of the currency and crafting materials serves no real purpose other than to increase the grind and to make the players mad. This should be changed for the players sake.

7 Likes

If they add a way to buy mats, it’s not a big deal. Or a meaningful difference in how you get the mats. If it is just two pretty much random drops, not terribly interesting. For instance if specific mobs drop Diamantine or something, you can preferentially select missions where you can get more.

They can still add it, no reason not to merge currencies other then it being annoying.

1 Like

I agree. Right now after I made couple master-crafted items on my Veteran when I think that I would have to grind materials again for next class I am like… ughhh, no…

Currecy, Curios, Crafting materials and shared weapons should be account-wide.

2 Likes

also, Curio slots and the level needed to unlock the abiltiy to USE certain weapons.

If one character has reached level 8, as example, ALL can use that Curio slot and weapons up to level 8.

2 Likes

100% agree. And if say, I reroll my vet, ideally I’d like to start at level 30, or barber him, or whatever, but I want to save the inventory for another one if I for some reason choose to make another.

Some things need to be by player, not by toon.

2 Likes

I agree, shared currency, and preferably weeklies should be implemented. Discourages players from trying out new classes. If I am spending so much time trying to get weeklies and legendary gear on my favourite class and get used to play difficulty 4 and 5… why would I want to drop back to difficulty 3 on a class I don’t like as much and have to grind gear and crafting again?

I think this is especially important with potentially paid DLC classes. If you have to start at level 1 and no shared resources with the new class, I don’t think they will see as many sales.

3 Likes

Curios could be shared across all characters and would make leveling a little less annoying.

4 Likes

SO from what I understand Aquilas are per account not per character but for whatever reason every other currency is per character? FatShark, please stop being creepy about it. Since yes, you are starting to get Blizzard/EA/Ubisoft creepy.

5 Likes

Bumping this again because this needs to happen, The grind is already insane just for the level, shared gear and currency would mitigate it to a healthy degree

1 Like

Are we really sticking with this garbage system? this is honestly atrocious.
Why is it that so many game developers spend so much time polishing a previous game and manage to get things right, but the second they release a new game its like someone mind wiped their entire development team.
Have you learnt nothing from your previous mistakes?
They took two steps backwards with no step forward on this one.

5 Likes

This would be first attempt at a solution because this is exactly how it worked in vermintide 2, if we got a god-roll curio we shouldnt have to repeat that same roll 3 other times. That is insane and is downright unfriendly to the player in every way. It should work like that for all weapons but curios would be a start

5 Likes