Lack of pre-game character selection

Hey there, I have a few things I’ve noticed in the beta, but I wanted to talk about this one separate because I see it as a huge thing.

One major feature missing from Vermintide was the ability to select a character before entering the match. I get that we’re a little more…personalized in this game than “Saltzpyre or Goreksson”, however not having the pre-game selection process eliminates an important detail: The ability to make sure your team composition fits the need of the mission.

In Vermintide, I could see that we had a need for a specific character, skill, or trait. In Darktide, I join a game as an Ogryn, and there are 2-3 other Ogryn…Or I’m an Ogryn and there are 3 Sharpshooters. Certainly, I can change my layout but…we don’t need 3 sharpshooters. And honestly, if we have 3 Ogryns, I would gladly switch to a class more needed. Unfortunately, I don’t see a way to do this in random matching without leaving the lobby.

Please, I feel like this is an important feature that is currently missing and would greatly increase the team-based gameplay that is promoted for this game.