Krubers Runesword

It’s the same thing CA did with Estalia, Tilea, and the Border Princes when they merged them all into the Southern Realms. That was basically 1/4th of the Old World.

Depending on how much of the eastern world that CA decides to add, Cathay, Nippon, and Kingdoms of Ind combined would approximately fill the same percentage amount of space as the Southern Realms do.

I mean, a man can still hope. But there has to be a reason for only 2 race dlc instead of 4 (even if those 2 are of higher quality, imo). Was it 3 Kingdoms, and the remade Norsca DLC? I hope so, so that CA’s focus will be on game 3 after that. Game’s looking good though, never was much into the three kingdoms era.
Oh and i think it’ll be Kislev, not Cathay for the starting race. Just a feeling.
I’m also a fan of those fanmade army books by Mathias Eliasson, that’s were i get my inspirations (and expectations) from.

I mean, the fact that the 2 race DLCS for TW:WH 2 had 4 legendary lords on launch, a full army roster, unique gameplay mechanics, and a bunch of in-game cinematics to boot, probably ate up a lot more time and resources than, say, the Beastmen DLC.

The Beastmen DLC only had 2 legendary lords at launch (3 with the release of Morghur), an incomplete army roster (Wargors, Doombulls, Ghorgons, Jabberslythes are missing, just to name a few) with most of the units reskinned from Warriors of Chaos, no overtly unique game mechanics (Warriors of Chaos was already a Chaos Corruption-spreading Horde faction, Greenskins were already a terrain-ignoring raiding focused faction that got an extra army for fighting, and the only other thing Beastmen got was a pop-up event that happened every few turns), a fairly mediocre mini-campaign, and a single cinematic (though the cinematic was pretty baller).

And to top it off, they had the audacity to charge the exact same price for Beastmen as they did for the TW:WH 2 DLC races!

But I digress.

You’re probably right that 3 Kingdoms is what’s eating up all of CA’s time though. If it was me, I’d rather they finish up what they’re already doing first (that being TW:WH 2) before they start moving into new games.

I doubt the “remade” Norsca DLC is the problem. The only thing they had to do was just port it from game 1 to game 2, which, shouldn’t have been more difficult than just porting something like, say, the Empire.

You’re right that it’s a possibility they’re going to make Kislev the 4th playable faction, what with them fighting against Chaos a lot of the time, which would fit with the simultaneous release of the Daemons of Chaos.

However, that leaves 3 possible scenarios.

A. Cathay, Nippon, and Kingdoms of Ind will be added, but they will all use recycled Empire units.

B. Cathay, Nippon, and Kingdoms of Ind will be added with unique army rosters, but won’t be playable (or, Sigmar forbid it, as either paid DLC later on, or a pre-order bonus like Warriors of Chaos).

C. Cathay, Nippon, and Kingdoms of Ind won’t be added at all.

All of these scenarios seem detrimental to the game for me. The first option really breaks the immersion, the second one just seems like waste of effort and a scummy way milk even more money out of the consumer, and the third one would leave huge chunks of land simply unused.

Honestly, I wouldn’t even be mad if they just port units from 3 Kingdoms into the army roster of Cathay, as I can imagine at least most of the infantry units would be fairly similar.

CA said that overall sentiment (and playtime) for the mini-campaigns was underwhelming and they’d drop that for 2 more LLs, that was atleast their explanation for making the change.
I also think they just got better making races in game 2 through experience and feedback.
And sadly, no, Norsca was not ported. It truly was remade from scratch. They screwed up, and couldn’t port it because of their builds being too different from each other, and that it would have an impact on their DLC schedule. Here the article, start where Mike’s part is.

That’s a common sentiment, some Youtubers thought of that too and wouldn’t mind it, me neither.
The thing i can’t wait for is the final special ultimate collectors edition or whatever the heck they’ll call it. It is far, far off, but they may add some of the unused assets they got saved on some harddrive or some unfinished units to complete the rosters (i’m betting they have some nice looking artwork for the jabberslythe lying around somewhere), may re-work the awful diplomacy system and bugfix the game thoroughly.

Really? I didn’t even know that. That at least explains why I had to wait so long for my boi Throgg to come out. I just thought CA wasn’t prioritizing it.

CA has been doing a good job of updating some of the older factions like Dwarfs, Vampire Counts, and Bretonnia recently, to be able to compete with the newer factions.

I’m unsure if they’ll keep updating the older factions one by one, like they’re doing now, or if they’ll go with this “collector’s edition” approach that you speak of.

Nevertheless, this whole TW:WH talk is kinda off-topic when looking at what OP’s post was originally about. I don’t know if we should stop here.

I don’t mind (as in i’m the OP), and it’s already in Lounge, sooo… :grin:
Yeah, forgot about the updates to the original Old World factions, but i’m worried that all the DLC races will not get the same love as them. They did Dwarfs, Vampire Counts and Bretonnia. Weird, that last one, instead of going for the Empire or the Orks. Maybe it gives hope for updated Wood Elves and their lazy Amber mechanic, or the Jabberslythe.

Oh! I forgot you were the OP. My mistake.

However, the guidelines do advise against diverting a topic midstream, regardless of OP’s consent, but I guess I’m just worrying a bit too much.

I know it’s probably not going to happen, but these are some of the changes I’d like to see to the rest of the original races.

Empire:

• More starting positions (and, by extension, more Legendary lords). Reikland is cool and all, but it gets a bit stale after a while. Boris Todbringer in Middenland, or Marius Leitdorf in Averland would be great candidates.

• A politics system (perhaps similar to the one present in Total War: Rome 2?), would better represent the inner-workings of the Empire, and would make it much more convenient to unite it. As it currently stands, it’s much quicker to just conquer all the other provinces through force, than wait to confederate each and everyone.

• If there’s time for it, more units. Huntsman Archers, Bounty Hunters, Sisters of Sigmar(?), Attack Dogs, Celestial Hurricanums, Master Engineers, Gold Wizards, and Amethyst Wizards would be great additions to the roster.

Greenskins:

• Borrow Norsca’s confederation mechanic. Greenskins would greatly benefit from Norsca’s mechanic of instantly confederating another tribe by defeating the leader. It would make the early stages of conquering the Badlands less tedious and more rewarding.

• To balance the previous thing out a bit, borrow the Dark Elf and Skaven mechanic of Loyalty, so that your armies have a chance of rebelling against you if you don’t appease them.

• If possible, revamp the starting positions. While having the Greenskins start in the Badlands makes sense given that that’s where the majority of Greenskins are, Grimgor and Azhag aren’t exactly known to traipse around down there in the lore, nor did they ever ally up with eachother either. Have Azhag start in Troll Country, and Grimgor start in Northern Worlds Edge Mountains. Gorfang Rotgut could then become his own playable Legendary Lord, and would take the place of Grimgor in Black Crag. Alternatively, Grom the Paunch can be added to the game to replace Grimgor in being Gorfang’s rival. Wurrzag would also need to be updated, as the reason why he came to the Badlands in the first place was because Grimgor was there.

• Not as important, but more units would always be appreciated. Snotlings, Snotling Pump Wagons, Squig Herders, Mangler Squigs, Colossal Squigs, Wyverns, and Spear Chukkas being mostly what’s left.

Warriors of Chaos:

• More Legendary Lords. New starting positions are unlikely, as all Warriors of Chaos come from the Chaos Wastes, but new Lords are always available. There’s far too many candidates to list here, so CA should have ample options to choose from.

• Rework the Awaken mechanic. Right now, the only thing you gain from warring against a tribe, is that you create another tribe within their territory. Either Awaken needs to be removed and replaced with a modified version of Norscan’s confederation mechanic (where, instead of confederating with a Norscan Tribe when beating their leader, they become your Vassals), or greater benefits to Awakening Tribes beyond just getting a Vassal.

• More units! Warriors of Chaos have a pretty limited roster compared to other races in my opinion. Cultists, Chaos Ogres, Skullcrushers, Hellstriders, Chimerae, Slaughterbrutes, Mutalith Vortex Beasts, Warshrines, and Daemon Princes would be great.

Beastmen:

• Revamp playable factions and starting locations. Right now, all Beastmen belong under the Warherd of the One-Eye faction, meaning that if you choose to play as Khazrak, Malagor and Morghur won’t spawn until you recruit them. Make 3 factions, Warherd of the One-Eye, Warherd of the Dark Omen, and Warherd of the Shadowgave, and then let them spawn separately. A smaller adjustment that would also be appreciated would be to switch Khazrak’s and Morghur’s starting locations around, so that Khazrak spawns closer to his rival, Todbringer, and Morghur spawns closer to the Wood Elves.

• Rework the Dark Moon mechanic. A random set of options every few turns that ALSO has a negative downside is neither intuitive nor exciting gameplay.

• Complete the roster. Gib Ghorgons and Jabberslythes pl0x.

Warriors of Chaos & Beastmen:

• Place greater emphasis on the Dark Gods. Norsca has a great mechanic of swearing allegiance to the Gods by erecting monuments to them when razing settlements, and Chaos Warriors and Beastmen would benefit from it as well.

• More Lores of Magic. Things such as the Lore of Khorne, Lore of Nurgle, Lore of Tzeentch, and Lore of Slaanesh. These will most likely be added with the release of Daemons of Chaos though.

• Add vandalization buildings in settlements when sacking them, similar to the Greenskin mechanic. Instead of dung piles, however, it’s altars to the Dark Gods that spread Chaos Corruption and reduce Public Order in the region until removed.

• Razed settlements should provide some sort of benefit other than just spreading Chaos Corruption. Warriors of Chaos and Beastmen should get increased replenishment, decreased recruitment costs, etc. etc. around Chaos Portals and Herdstones respectively.

Wood Elves:

• More Legendary Lords. Ariel and Drycha, in the Wood Elves and Argwylon factions respectively, being obvious choices.

• Add a Seasons mechanic. Have Wood Elves gain small buffs during Spring, huge buffs during the Summer, become slightly weaker during Autumn, and severely limit them during the Winter (such as Orion being Wounded and only respawning once Winter is over).

• As you said, rework the Amber mechanic. I don’t really know how it could be done, but in any case it should at least be easier to obtain. A rework to the Amber mechanic would also include a rework to how they occupy settlements outside of Athel Loren.

At least the Wood Elves are one of the few factions that actually have a close-to-complete roster, missing only Great Stag Herds, Unicorn Herds, and Shadowdancers.

I remember reading somewhere that the reason why they’re updating Dwarfs, Vampire Counts, and Bretonnia has something to do with what’s “easiest” at the moment, whereas updating the Empire or the Greenskins will be much more difficult.

Bretonnia is technically a DLC race (FLC, I guess I should say), so I’m confident that CA will also get around to the others like Warriors of Chaos, Beastmen, and Wood Elves eventually.

Thing is i only play vanilla when one of the major releases drops, to test the new additions unaltered. After that, it’s SFO (now called Grimhammer) only. And on top of that heavily modded, too. I’m guessing that’s were some of your ideas are from, as the modding community for TW:W is - simply put - amazing. Other legendary lords, different starting positions, more heroes, roster completion, etc. etc. I atleast see some of your ideas already done by mods, thats where i’m getting that.
I would really hope they would add all you’ve written, and i think at least some additions will be done to Warriors of Chaos and Beastmen with game 3 and the release of Demons of Chaos, like you are anticipating.
Very good idea for that Norsca approach, never thought of that. Also starting positions will come, too. They did that for dwarfs and VC, so i think it’s a trend. The rivalry Eltharion the Grim vs Grom the Paunch is also acknowledged as is Kislev, they said they want to do that (i think in an interview or lifestream?), but only the future will show if they come around really doing something.
Oh, and i would love to see Ariel, even if it would only be like a Lord Kroak addition, maybe a bit more worked out, more diverse magic than delivance of pizza.