KNOWN ISSUE: Untrusted WinTab32 DLL

We are aware some players encounter an “untrusted” error referencing the WinTab32 DLL, which is used for drawing tablet software.

We’re working with Easy Anti-Cheat to resolve this ASAP.

Existing reports may be merged here, to help us keep track of the issues being reported.

1 Like

I have a drawing tablet and WinTab32.dll is causing easy anticheat to crash Darktide. Sometimes within a few minutes, other times within a few seconds. Easy anticheat does not cause the crash on other games; this only happens with Darktide. I’ve been unable to play the game for more than a few minutes at a time since the hotfix before release; the newest patch has made it even worse.

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Play game.
  2. Game crashes with Easy Anticheat error popping up as a toast window saying that WinTab32.dll is suspicious and has closed the game.

Deleting the dll, uninstalling the tablet and drivers, does not help. Clean install of Darktide does nothing. Repairing Easy Anticheat does nothing. Registry cleaning does nothing. Disk Cleanup does nothing. Running it on a different hard drive does nothing. I’ve also messed with all of the game settings and nothing makes it better or worse.

GUID: 611ac58b-a5ec-46ef-a72d-2ba521c42d28
Log File:
Info Type:

I too am getting the same problems, this is my first post here so if i posted wrong sorry in advance.
figured id post and add my crash report copy to the list.

We kindly ask that you complete the questions below. With this information, we can investigate your issue properly.

Issue Description:
When trying to watch some cinematic a Psyker (everyone?) does right before the player receives missions, after about 30 seconds the game would crash with an Alert. The alert was “Untrusted system file (C:\Windows\System32\wintab32.dll)” with a title of “Easy Anti-Cheat”. I did a little research and saw that this was something that occured in the past on another game in your domain (link). Putting two and two together, I realized I wasn’t in full-screen mode and that may be triggering SOMETHING. Swapping to fullscreen fixed the issue and I was able to proceed.

I don’t know if I submitted the crash report correctly. I gave the third and final of the crash reports, and pasted each previous report into it, so if you need to, you should be able to follow the trail back.

Good luck!

Crash Report (If Applicable):
GUID: b1c3b4eb-e396-4937-8444-881514d87f81
Log File:
Info Type:

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Start Game
  2. Change to “Borderless Window”
  3. Playing as a Psyker
  4. Trying to watch the cinematic after finishing the training in the Pskonautim (sp?) just before getting missions
  5. Wait approximately 30 seconds
  6. Game crashes

Platform:
Microsoft Store

Player ID:
AndrewSquare#857

Approx. Time of Issue & Timezone:
12/01/2022, 01:00AM est

Reproduction Rate:
Constant (100%)

Upload Console Log:

1. Press the Windows key + R
  2. Enter %appdata% within the search input and select ‘OK’
  3. Navigate to AppData\Roaming\Fatshark\Darktide\console_logs
  4. Locate the console log that corresponds with the session in which the issue occurred, by looking at the timestamps in the log names
  5. Upload here
    console-2022-12-01-06.07.32-b1c3b4eb-e396-4937-8444-881514d87f81.log (54.7 KB)

Upload darktide_launcher.log:

1. Press the Windows key + R
  2. Enter %appdata% within the search input and select ‘OK’
  3. Navigate to AppData\Roaming\Fatshark\Darktide
  4. Locate the darktide_launcher.log in this directory
  5. Upload here
    darktide_launcher.log (95.0 KB)

Done.

We kindly ask that you complete the questions below. With this information, we can add it to our database for investigation.

Issue Description:
crashing due to easy anti-cheat error.
Steps to Reproduce:
[Please add the steps that can help our QA department in reproducing the issue. For example:]

1. start game
    2.load up any character
    3.during loading screen game CTDs and gives an easy anti-cheat error reading “Untrusted system file (C:\Windows\System32\wintab32.dll)”
    note: the file is a driver for walcom drawing tablets

Platform:
Steam

Player ID:
(https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198244934082/)]

Approx. Time of Issue & Timezone:
[11/77/2022, 06:27PM] [EST]

Reproduction Rate:
100%
console-2022-11-17-23.23.34-1d2aaf90-d22e-4872-8b2b-9a5f6e788f3e.log (38.2 KB)

Upload Console Log:

1 Like

GUID: a0003f76-b94e-46aa-aa11-4b6247b67df0
[Crash Link]:
crashify://a0003f76-b94e-46aa-aa11-4b6247b67df0

Same issue here. Sadly can’t upload a file due to work PC restrictions.

Same issue here, EAC closes the game due to wintab32.dll (Drawing tablet software)

https://forums.fatsharkgames.com/t/easy-anti-cheat-is-detecting-tablet-drivers-and-crashing-the-game/55473/2?u=satoru

Please PM the file to FatsharkJuila so they can submit the files to EAC for whitelisting

any eta on this? i havent been able to load into the morningstar once today
was fine before yesterdays patch

Have also experienced this issue, just having purchased the game through steam and downloaded today. Error that comes up is done through a windows pop-up toast and goes away after a few seconds, no record of it. Managed to screenshot

This also is exactly the same thing that was happening to someone playing Vermintide 2 last year who reported the error.

Unsure what happened to resolve that as the thread is closed, but I’m also running Vermintide 2 and this has not cropped up at all.
GUID: 299f2d0b-e83e-49ab-922c-da45ad035907
Log File:
Info Type:

This is also happening to me, seemingly at random, and I too having a drawing tablet. It doesn’t even have to be plugged in to trigger this.

Happening to me as well.
game quickly closes after EAC is launched with the “Untrusted system file (C:\Windows\System32\WinTab32.dll)” Error. I am not sure If the problematic dll was sent but im happy to provide mine.

This happened to me on the first boot after the game officially launched, but it didn’t happen the second time. wintab32.dll, associated with huion tablet drivers, seems sporadic.

Still happening no matter how many times I launch it.

I just had it happen myself. I submitted the dll by email during the alpha too because it would crash CONSTANTLY from it, even if I removed the dll

Hi, I’m now getting this problem again.

I’m getting this exact issue as well. Drawing tablet. I have no way of playing the game currently.

Note: Exiting my tablet software, and removing the DLL does nothing to fix this.

I’ve been having it happen all night
GUID: 2555db13-a909-4c89-86c7-8957927c9fce
Log File:
Info Type: