KNOWN ISSUE: Recent Connectivity Error Reports "Lost Connection to Host" / SSL

Is this fixed yet? Tuesday 24/01/23 we had exactly the same issues. Unplayable for 1 of 4 friends. If we changed host someone else would have the issues. We’ve given up Darktide already and gone back to Verm 2 and now we can’t play Verm 2. So we tried Verm 1 and that was disconnecting the non-host at the end of the level so you wouldn’t get a reward nor completion of the level. Please fix it all. I want to be able to play both and id very much like to be going back to Darktide once we have a reason to keep playing.

By all means. keep it going. i was afraid the topic was inactive and locked by now. Still waiting on word from Fatshark what the problem/solution is.

While it’s only affecting a small number of us, there’s clearly something wrong.

Unfortunately I don’t have much to update at this stage.

We’ve checked analytics and the current logs provided, but have been unable to find a common underlying issue.

A developer is still assigned and due to look deeper at what could be happening, but if there is an underlying network issue here, it’s my understanding that it won’t be an easy or quick fix :frowning:

I’ll create a pinned post and merge everything, and for anyone still experiencing ongoing connectivity issues please continue to let me know and I can provide these reports and any additional console logs to the team.

I appreciate some of you may have already ran through our connectivity error solutions, but I’ll re-share the article here again. It may also be worth trying these again, in case of (or hope of) a different outcome - as it’s still a possibility for local network issues to be at play.

Thank you again all for the reports and logs so far, and for your continued patience.

Hopefully I’ll be able to update again soon!

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Unplayable for 4 again last night. Maybe not worth reporting, but I can no longer play Verm 2 on Steam Deck either. I know it wasn’t supposed to work, but in November and December I had no issues at all. Now won’t even load. What was changed before Christmas? Seems maybe this problem started about the same time. Did you make changes to Anti Cheat?

Can’t really be a network issue (at least for me).

Darktide runs without any multiplayer issues.
about 10 other multiplayer Steam games also run without any issue.

It’s literally only Vermintide 2 that has these problems for me.

It doesn’t sound like anyone else is having issues with other games online either. Just Vermintide 2.

We really do need a dev to take that deeper look. As of right now, it seems like a lot of us have a game we payed for that doesn’t work online anymore.

I would really appreciate if you guys find a fix for this. I love this game but it’s been nigh unplayable lately and it’s really frustrating, especially since I’m still fairly new to it and want to play it more.

Issue Description: Constant “Lost Contact with Host” during play. If I host, other players have significant lag/disconnect issues.

Crash Report (If Applicable): N/A
[Please see instructions on how to provide a crash report in the pinned Topic]

Error Displayed (If Applicable): “Lost Contact With Host…”

Steps to Reproduce: This happens during any play as any character, though most recently I was playing Ironbreaker on Chaos Wastes. I do have some sanctioned mods but this started occurring long before I installed any.

Map Name (If Applicable): Any

Platform: Steam

Player ID: Steam Community :: Rocketman
[Steam ID/Steam Profile URL/GamerTag/PSN ID]

Approx. Time of Issue & Timezone: 01/30/2023, 07:45PM US Central Time
[MM/DD/YYYY, 00:00AM/PM] [TIMEZONE]

Reproduction Rate: Often to Constant. Lately been closer to Constant

For some extra information, I am on an Ethernet connection. Here is my latest speedtest:

console-2023-01-31-01.45.40-c3977414-1846-4ece-af77-6dccc6fcec26.log (623.1 KB)
user_settings.config (24.3 KB)

The connectivity issue still seems to be hit or miss with me. Up until now, I had only had the issue appear in one session to maybe disappear in the next (ie, me having shut down the game and coming back another day). Today was the first time that I kept playing after it became unplayable, and it somehow fixed itself?
I had a mission and began to notice the issues appearing (being hit through block, interaction causing me to float around for 3-4 full seconds, all the enemies attacking and hitting with a large delay of again about 3-4 seconds, but all of this while still on green ping, culminating in me “losing connection to the host”). I struggled through that mission, got in another mission with the same group and it got worse till it lost connection again. I decided to try and close the game and immediately try again only for the issue to persist with a different group. I sat there after I lost connection and let the game sit on the “attempting to connect to second host” (forget exactly what it says, but the screen when the game tries to connect you to a different player in the previous group because the host lost connection to everyone and you can wait, or cancel it connecting). I waited till the timer ran to zero and it said that it failed to connect to that host. I then tried another mission and the lagging issue stopped. I don’t know if that made any difference, but it did work. The next time that it happens, I’m going to try that again and see if it works (though, obviously, that isn’t really a fix as it requires you to slog through a laggy mission till you get disconnected and then wait 2 minutes while the timer goes down. Still, worth a shot to try). In either case, here’s the logs.
console-2023-02-01-03.37.17-63fba456-5f04-48f6-83a5-582abe7cd44e.log (3.0 MB)
console-2023-02-01-05.04.23-b4e903ec-1d39-4e79-b31b-775242dbec18.log (2.3 MB)

Any changes in the last 24 hours?
Yesterday I had some lag and a few disconnects, nothing out of the ordinary. But today I can’t even get past half a map without losing connection to the server. Connection breaks 5-10 min into the map without fail.

No recent changes from our end. Can you check again to see if it was a temporary connectivity issue?

If the disconnects persist, please try running through our connectivity solutions here:

I’ve literally tried everything in that article (and more) to no avail. All of this started with your march(!?) update. I’m on a good gaming station running 2 highspeed WLAN cards, 1 gigabit extremely reliable connection, and never had any issues with other games.

Some days it works more or less ok, and other days you can’t get through a single map without severe lag or disconnects half-way through, or at the very end of the map. When the Vermintide servers have a bad day, even hosting your own game is undoable. Fridays and saturdays seems to be the worst for some reason. Heavy loads and no reboots until monday?

When people report the same symptoms, wouldn’t it justify some troubleshooting on your end?
Eller stämmer verkligen ryktet om Fatshark teamet? Att ni helt enkelt inte bryr er om communityt ni byggt upp!

@SoftcoreGaymer
Sorry to hear that :frowning: as before, we haven’t made any recent network changes.

There are unfortunately so many reasons why these issues occur, and usually a process of elimination is required to identify why. It’s hard for us to identify the underlying cause on our end, due to the number of variables involved.

We aren’t receiving widespread reports currently, so I suspect this may still be a local/ISP issue. Though I do appreciate that you’ve already tried our usual solutions.

In any case, we’ll monitor connectivity closely and keep an eye on things our end.

As the issue has been ongoing for you and our solutions haven’t helped, I’d be happy to contact Steam and request a refund for you. Understandably this isn’t the ideal outcome, but please let me know if this is something you’d wish to do.

Any news on this?
I have the same problem. I am basically unable to host games.
Everyone loses connection to me and when I join my mates I am the only one who frequently loses connection to host.
Literally every time I play this happens and I am not exaggerating.
Would really appreciate if you guys looked into this.
Cheers

Unfortunately not - our investigation was unable to uncover any common factors or correlation between reports. What we did notice was that occurences of these errors sharply dropped off and seemingly improved.

If you haven’t already, then I recommend to try our connectivity solutions, here:

Do not know if this fits here but been having a constant timeout issue with me an a friend it’s really a 50/50 whether we will be able to play together on a given day.

This is a Constant (100%) whenever I play with my friend, first it decync’s then I lost connection with the lobby with the message “Lost Connection to Host”
console-2024-01-17-12.42.45-57d71908-b45a-4502-83d3-91f699710971.log (4.0 MB)
user_settings.config (7.4 KB)