FOLLOW-UP:

1 Like

Issue Description:

Crash Report (If Applicable):
GUID: 41e295d9-b15e-4600-8771-40c1c735a756
Log File:
Info Type:

Error Displayed (If Applicable):
Out of memory. Close background applications and try again.

Steps to Reproduce:
[Please add the steps that can help our QA department in reproducing the issue. For example:]

1. Turn off every single application in the background (down to 3.5-4.0GB out of 16GB RAM usage without any background app open)
  2. Power up game
  3. Play any mission
  4. Crash due to out of memory error (this happens usually when something happens, like grenade exploding, but seldom it’s just walking)

Mission Name (If Applicable):
N/A

Platform:
[Steam/Microsoft Store]
Steam

Player ID:
[Steam ID/Steam Profile URL/GamerTag]

Approx. Time of Issue & Timezone:
[MM/DD/YYYY, 00:00AM/PM] [TIMEZONE]
Ever since the preorder beta started till now [23/11/2022]

Reproduction Rate:
Once - Rare (<10%) - Unusual (<25%) - Common (<50%) - Often (<75%) - Constant (100%)
Constant - happens every mission

Upload Supporting Evidence:
[Screenshots, recordings, links to Twitch VODs, etc.]
On the following screen you can see my RAM usage. The moment game crashed the memory usage went from 16GB down to 3.6GB, which would mean the game uses more than 10GB of RAM while running on the lowest settings.

Upload Console Log:
console-2022-11-23-21.01.10-6b03014b-ad1b-411b-8e03-60ea3ddd2b0f.log (110.0 KB)

Upload darktide_launcher.log:
(Please note that this log was sent after I manually left the game and not when it crashed. I can provide the logs after crash if needed)
darktide_launcher.log (325.7 KB)

Additional Informations

1. I have already ensured the ‘Virtual Memory’ is already set to ‘Automatically Manage Paging File Size for All Drives’.
  2. My PC specs are:
  • GTX 1060 6GB
  • intel i7-7700k
  • 16 GB RAM 2200
  • MSI B250 PC MATE motherboard (which is big bottleneck)
  • 34 inch monitor (I am running game below native resolution as native make me unable to even start the mission)
  1. I also am running the game on lowest settings, here’s the screen of my settings:
    1dk
    2dk

PS: As a feedback, please change how the toggle button works in settings. It is highly inconvinient for user. Right now when you click at any of the 2 options the toggle changes state, doesnt matter if option is lit or not. I would suggest making it so when you click ON then this option is selected. If it already is selected nothing happens. Right now I am not sure if the option lit is selected (highlighted option) or the option that is black is selected (like pressed button).

Please let me know if I can provie any other information for you, I would be happy to do so!
If you have any other suggestion on what I can do to fix this problem I am all ears.
Thank you for your time and effort!

2 Likes

Are you running the game inside of a VM?

Do you have paged files disabled on your computer? Because it kinda looks like you don’t have a paging file.

Thanks for reply. I do not run it inside VM.

And speaking about paged files I think I have it enabled

I did read what actually paging files are, and is it possible that it’s a problem of me having only 1GB od free space on my C drive?

Yeah that’s likely the issue what I would do is

1. uncheck “automatically mange paging file size”
  2. Select your D:\ and then the radio button “System managed size”. Then click “Set”
  3. If you’re running out of space on your c:\ you can select your C:\ and then select the radio button “no paging file” then click “Set”
  4. you’ll need to reboot to make those changes

having 1GB free on your c:\ isnt super optimal as it can cause wierd issues if you run out of disk space on yoru OS drive. The OS wont’ outright crash, but it will start acting ‘weird’, until you free up disk space.

I’ll try that, thanks!

Will write here if it helped later :slight_smile:

I played for some time.

And as I thought at the very beginning it helped, ultimately it did not.

I am still crashing due to out-of-memory.

I am confused as to why the game would take more than 12 GB or RAM anyway.
Is that normal?

2 Likes

Can you screenshot your virtual memory settings again?

Also how much free space do you have on your C:\ and D:\ ?

My free space on my drives is:

• B: 127GB (HDD, game is installed here)
  • C: 1.54GB (SSD with OS)

After doing what you proposed it looks like this:

But now I see that with this setting I get this error:

I will try to turn both my drives to “System managed size” and make some more space on the C drive.

Edit: I freed up to 13.2GB of C disk space. I will try first automatic virtual memory and then if it doesn’t work I’ll check if manual settings work better or not.

1 Like

Same problem but I have 32 gigabytes of RAM. After the patch, the program can take up all the memory (about 27 gigabytes of RAM). But again, this does not always happen. I have to monitor the resource consumption of the game through the windows task manager. I also found that if you play the same map at the same level of difficulty of the game, the memory consumption increases by 2-3 gigabytes per passage. Thus, I conclude that the game client has a serious problem with a memory leak.
My system: rtx 3080, intel i9 12th, 32 RAM, ssd 1 Tb.

1 Like

UPDATE:
After clearing my C drive the game stopped crashing.

I am unsure if this resolves the issue or not as it still takes a lot of RAM.

1 Like

Most recent patch massively increased how much memory the game uses for me. Had no issues in the closed beta or in pre order beta up until patch 1.0.8. Not sure what exactly is causing it but it’s almost unplayable on 16GB of ram, when before I had no issues. Having pretty much any other programs open on my pc results in darktide crashing with “out of memory”.

1 Like

clearing C drive to have more free space worked for me.
Try doing that.

I have 16GB of RAM (meets Recommended requirements, minimal is 8 GB), and I have been kicked out of the game twice now due to a “Memory full” error.

We kindly ask that you complete the questions below. With this information, we can investigate your issue properly.

Issue Description:
Game exits with error message that memory is full. I have sufficient memory to run the game.

Crash Report (If Applicable):

GUID: f669e6bd-548c-47bd-a569-7c6746a1d60f
Log File:
Info Type:

Error Displayed (If Applicable):
Memory full. Please close background applications and try again.

Steps to Reproduce:
/

Mission Name (If Applicable):
N/A

Platform:
Steam

Player ID:
Elthrael

Approx. Time of Issue & Timezone:
[11/19/2022, 14:30] [CET]

Reproduction Rate:
Once - Rare (<10%)

Upload Supporting Evidence:
(hurried back into game, forgot to take screenshot)

Upload Console Log:

1. Press the Windows key + R
  2. Enter %appdata% within the search input and select ‘OK’
  3. Navigate to AppData\Roaming\Fatshark\Darktide\console_logs
  4. Locate the console log that corresponds with the session in which the issue occurred, by looking at the timestamps in the log names
  5. Upload here
    console-2022-11-19-11.19.23-f669e6bd-548c-47bd-a569-7c6746a1d60f.log (618.3 KB)

Upload darktide_launcher.log:

1. Press the Windows key + R
  2. Enter %appdata% within the search input and select ‘OK’
  3. Navigate to AppData\Roaming\Fatshark\Darktide
  4. Locate the darktide_launcher.log in this directory
  5. Upload here
    darktide_launcher.log (178.5 KB)
1 Like

Do you have the Windows Paging file disabled

I’m also getting the same error and meet the recommended specs. I followed the fix you posted but it didn’t change, aside from giving me the error faster.

1 Like

I didn’t have automatic pagefile set, I must’ve been tinkering with it when benchmarking, lol.

I hope that fixes the issue.

Been getting the out of memory crash since today, after the stealth patch. Experienced some stuttering as well. This has not been happening in the previous 40h of game time. I have not made any modifications to hard- or software since the last (stable) game session.

I was playing Veteran, the crash happens regardless of activity; Idling in the Mourningstar, in mission, in the meat-grinder, in menu, etc.
Crash is not happening due some specific action or event. It’s a continuous, incremental increase in RAM-usage (shown with xbox-overlay, which I have used without crashes before) that eventually caps out at 100% and the game freezes then crashes.
Uploaded 2 of the crash logs.

Platform: Steam.
Steam ID

2022-11-29 10.00 to 12.00, multiple sessions

Replication-rate 100%.

darktide_launcher.log (715.8 KB)
console-2022-11-29-11.58.00-578649f2-c6dc-44e9-b52b-dce50def6df0.log (84.3 KB)
console-2022-11-29-09.56.43-4f1692b4-3aec-430c-9510-55c22bdc0d26.log (125.2 KB)

And I’ve ofc checked the virtual memory, etc, etc that has been recommended for this issue before. Did a clean wipe on drivers and everything else I could find in forums to see if it would fix the issue. It did not.

1 Like