KNOWN ISSUE: Name Validation Issues

Popping in to mention that my issue is still persisting after the most recent update as of 11/24.

Tried naming my Character Dassem but got a name validation error but if I enter Dasem it works

I was unable to choose the name “Cpl. Hicks” (you know, the character from Aliens…). Removing the blank also did not help afair, so I removed the rank and just kept “Hicks” which worked. The character is playable but 100 times more boring now :wink:

Is there any new information on this issue? Psyker is the class I am most looking forward too and I don’t want to settle on a name as I will be stuck with it. Unless there will be an option to change character name at the barber station? Basically does anyone know how long until the fix will be implemented or if we will have the ability to change our characters name later?

Yeah, this is becoming frustrating at this point. I’m unhappy I’m basically missing out on the beta because of this issue.

Same here, it worked perfectly fine in the beta, but now in the early access beta it doesn’t. That makes me think it should be a somewhat quick fix to get that reverted back. But as you said I also have missed out on what I was most excited for and they won’t prioritize it and get it done? I know other fixes are more important to the overall game, but it is preventing some of us from even wanting to start and they won’t give out any info on it, makes me think its being ignored a bit.

1 Like

Already have Ogryn lvl 30, tried creating veteran with name PotassiumEnjoyer and its not letting me, restarting doesnt help

Same issue, tried to give name my psyker name “Cassilda” got “Name validation failed. Please make sure the name contains a minimum of 3 characters, and only uses alphabetical characters and hyphens.”

platform: steam
profile: Steam Community :: Self Portrait

Thanks for your quick attention to this detail. I had a great time with the beta!

Launch day still can’t name my character Seixas

I also can’t use certain names for characters, such as ‘Cassandra’ or ‘Cass.’ I think the problem might be related to the profanity filter? I can name my character ‘Casandra’/‘Cas’ perfectly fine, but as soon as I put in that second ‘s’, it starts telling me the name is invalid-

1 Like

Tried to name my Ogryn Bone-Jaggler. Failed validation, can’t find any hidden curse word or something… But if I remove literally any letter it works. If I remove hyphen it does not work. Adding letters at start or end does not work. Adding letters in center or throughout randomly can make it work, not always, for example Bones-Jaggler does not work. I don’t see how it can be a hidden curse or something based on this

1 Like

Tried to name my Ogryn Borf. Can not.

I had to name my Char “Valerius”, as “SemproniusDensus” was not allowed. Today I had a team mate, a Veteran like me, with the Name: “Valerius”. Exactly the same. Once Issue solved I kindly request my Character to be renamed “Sempronius Densus” (with space or not). Danke.

I don’t think it works like that. I think you are stuck with the name unless you make an entirely new character. Which is why I am so upset they wont get this done so I can make my character and not waste my time. There has never been anything mentioned about changing a character name, whether from FS or in game at the barbershop, so I am guessing you’re stuck with it.

Are we getting a name change ticket? Using the random name system, is not very random. Random character name Dickot ive played with two others with the same name a Preacher and Vet. in the same lobby.

Got a refund. This ain’t ever getting fixed.

Just downloaded the game and I’m trying to also use “knight” in my name but it doesn’t like “knight.” Cant use “-“ either :frowning: . Is there a fix for this???

For some reason hyphen and the word “knight” isn’t working for me. So if I don’t go with the name I’m after, that’s it I can’t change it???

Cant use my name Psymon .