KNOWN ISSUE: Name Validation Issues

We are aware of and looking in to the issues surrounding improper name validation.

Existing reports may be merged here, to help us keep track of the issues being reported.

2 Likes

Can’t name my character. Zero idea why.
https://imgur.com/a/rtWyuB7

Issue Description:

Platform:
Steam

Player ID:
[Steam ID/Steam Profile URL/GamerTag]

Still am not able to name a character as above a few hours later. Is this just a pre order beta problem?I’ve used this moniker for 20 years and this is the first time ever I’ve been prevented from using this name.

edit: If I can’t name myself Zexerous by the morning I’ll just request a refund.

double ninja edit: This getting merged into a known issues thread relaxes me. I can chill until this gets fixed.

We kindly ask that you complete the questions below. With this information, we can add it to our database for investigation.

Issue Description:
After completing customization, I am unable to submit my name. In the beta, I used Violetta-Kysker, but it isn’t working now, even remoiving the hyphen and using ViolettaKysker
Steps to Reproduce:
[Please add the steps that can help our QA department in reproducing the issue. For example:]

1. Create a character
  2. Attempts to submit a name

Mission Name (If Applicable):

Platform:
Steam

Player ID:
[Steam ID/Steam Profile URL/GamerTag]

Approx. Time of Issue & Timezone:
[11/17/2022, 1:40PM] [EST]

After entirely changing my name, getting it to allow it, and then retyping the exact same name, I was able to submit.

We kindly ask that you complete the questions below. With this information, we can investigate your issue properly.

Issue Description:
Every name I try to use for my character are not valid. I always get the error message mentioned below.

Additional information: i tried Leman Leman; LemanLeman; Lemanleman; LemannLemann; LemanLeman12; LemanLeman7512; Leman_Leman; Leman-Leman; etc.
I used to play at Warhammer 40000 Role Play and I created a psyker, without surname, with “Leman” as name (following the might Leman Russ): so he decided to be called “Leman Leman”.
It was fun and I would like to use the same character to play with my friends.

I already followed the workaround from “Unable to confirm a character name” but it didn’t fix the issue.

Error Displayed (If Applicable):
Name validation failed. Please make sure the name contains a minimum of 3 characters, and only use alphabetical characters and hyphens.

Steps to Reproduce:

1: created a new character;
2: done all 7 steps;
3: last step is to select a name (you can generate a Random one, or type down a preference);
4: click on “Start Game”;
5: instead of creating the character, the mentioned error message appears.

Platform:
Steam

Player ID:

11.18.2022, 12.20PM [CEST / GMT+1]

Reproduction Rate:
Constant (100%)

Upload Supporting Evidence:

same issue here, my name gets rejected even though i used it on the open beta

1 Like

I can’t use my name or any variation of it (adding numbers or letters won’t work either), i use the same name during Open Beta, it’s a common name in my country and not offensive at all why can’t I use it pls help

Same issue, again, with another class: https://i.imgur.com/X3WUGv2.png

I am unable to use my name Madknight. If it helps I have the game on Steam.

1 Like

I seem to have hit a bit of a snag. I cannot use my name (Bhorren) to name my character. Which is a shame as I could and did use it for my closed beta characters… :pensive:

I loved it in closed beta and still love it now but not being able to name my character -with my name- who represents me in the 40k lore feels … well silly. Please let me know if there’s anything that can be done for this.

Hello guys, I can’t use my name Yokuho, I assume it’s because of the ho at the end. But when I add and extra o, as in Yokuhoo, the name goes fine.
It doesn’t make much sense if ho is the bad word here. Many asian names might suffer from this.

Issue Description:
When creating a character, use Name input by copy paste. In my case I used “Mendonos Halfdoor” . I used Warhammer 40k name generator to do that, for further immersion :D. When start game button is clicked, game kicks me out to main menu showing pop up with Backend Error.

Steps to Reproduce:
1: Create new character
2: Do all 7 steps
3: Ctr + C then Ctrl + V name with space in it. For example: “Mendonos Halfdoor”
4: Click Start Game button
5: Game kicks you out to main menu, with popup “Backend Error”.

Platform:
Steam

Player ID:

11.19.2022, 3:00 PM [CEST / GMT + 1]

Reproduction Rate:
100%

Upload Supporting Evidence:

Platform: Steam
Player ID: Steam Community :: Strawbloody

I’m trying to make a new character and name her Zazzie, but I am getting the following error at the end of customization when I try to submit the name to complete it.

“Name validation failed. Please make sure the name contains a minimum of 3 characters, and only uses alphabetical characters and hyphens.”

This happens every time that I try. I even tried changing the name around, and I get the same thing.
I’m confused, because I used the name Zazzie in the Beta just fine with no problems. It’s my name. This is frustrating.

Just chiming in about the same issue for me, with a character name of Nigel for my Ogryn, gotta fit that “Smashing!” catchphrase

There are 2 main issues with naming:

1. No spaces allowed. IDK why is it so impossible to give my guy a proper last name.
  2. No numbers - it is WH40k - they have numbers in their names, it’s canon! Let my Kr00b3R exist!!!

Just wanted to add another name to the list…

Can’t use Coltaine

Hi, i have the same problem with my nickname. I using it long time and i dont anderstand why game rejected. Nick name Krassus

Issue description
Unable to name my character Blade met with “Name validation failed. Please make sure the name contains a minimum of 3 characters, and only uses alphabetical characters and hyphens.”

platform: steam
Steam: Steam Community :: Blade

proof: