KNOWN ISSUE: Missing Descriptions, Appearing As Unlocalised Exposed Code

We are aware of and looking in to an issue where the appropriate descriptions may be missing for items, missions, etc. instead showing as exposed code. An example of this can be seen below:

Existing reports may be merged here, to help us keep track of the issues being reported.

2 Likes

We kindly ask that you complete the questions below. With this information, we can add it to our database for investigation.

Issue Description:

Steps to Reproduce:
Walk into barber shop while on the mourningstar.

Mission Name (If Applicable):
N/A

Platform:
Steam

Player ID:
atroposorbis

Approx. Time of Issue & Timezone:
1220 MST (AST) UTC-7

Reproduction Rate:
Consistent

Upload Supporting Evidence:

Upload Console Log:
console-2022-11-17-18.15.23-7287e751-7016-4ceb-950e-0c965fb47e71.log (375.7 KB)

Upload user_settings.config:
user_settings.config (3.1 KB)

1 Like

Issue Description:

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Wait around in the hub until the line plays
  2. Get missing subtitles

Platform:
Steam

Heyo,

The game has improved a lot since the open Beta and I really enjoy the new Wasteland map thanks for that \m/

I found that a few maps are still missing descriptions in the tab menu.

Precisely the training ground, the tutorial, the prologue (maybe more but those are the ones I noticed so far)

for the emperor!

Janoti

Issue Description:
Ability description missing.

Steps to Reproduce:
Create a character

N/A

Platform:
Steam

Player ID:
bogbean

9:45 PM EST 11/18/22

Reproduction Rate:
Consistent

2 Likes

Issue Description:
Item description shows ‘unlocalized’ bug (installed language: German)

Steps to reproduce:
Walk in to the armoury while on the morningstar and select the item in question.

Mission Name:
N/A

Platform:
Steam

Player ID:
[Don’t know what to write here]

Approx. Time of Issue Timezone:
0330-0400 CET UTC+1

Reproduction Rate:
Unknown

We kindly ask that you complete the questions below. With this information, we can add it to our database for investigation.

Issue Description:
Psykinetic’s wrath is missing the description and has "“loc_talent_psyker_2_combat_description”: context.warpcharge_vent undefined> instead

Steps to Reproduce:
[Please add the steps that can help our QA department in reproducing the issue. For example:]

1. Check Psyker feats

Platform:
Steam

Player ID:
Cragnok

Reproduction Rate:
Constant

I have the same issue.

Hi,

There is another one in the Psyker Psykinetic’s Wrath skill.

Issue Description:
Error with my feat text
Steps to Reproduce:
Logged In

Platform:
Steam
Player ID:
DarthVenrir

[11/18/2022, 12:50 PM [EST]

Reproduction Rate:
Constant (100%)

[Screenshots, recordings, links to Twitch VODs, etc.]

Uploaded files below

console-2022-11-19-03.09.19-cc59b753-358c-4a36-bf56-1c08da052706.log (423.1 KB)
darktide_launcher.log (140.0 KB)

on a blue rarity weapon there is a bug with the text

Go in the weapon shop click on weapons and maybe one will have a bug with the ability text

From steam

It happened to me: FireTonyno

19/11/2022 15H40 (3.40pm) French hour

It happend once on 4 blue weapon so 25% ?

console-2022-11-19-14.36.47-71407a3c-e5a4-43a1-a59a-69640018e4da.log (75.1 KB)

darktide_launcher.log (314.5 KB)

Issue Description:
when walking though the hub area the captions said “<unlocalized “loc_npc_short_name_barber-chirurgeon_a”: string not found>: <unlocalized “loc_barber_a__barber_distance_18”: string not found>”
Steps to Reproduce:
walking in the hub area and walking into the barber area (I think that’s what its called?)

Hub area
Platform:
Steam

Player ID:
(Steam Community :: MythicalCorgi)

[11/18/2022, 2:15AM] [PST]

Reproduction Rate:
Once (so far)

Upload Console Log:
accidentally closed game TnT

Upload user_settings.config:
user_settings.config (3.1 KB)

Had the same error, spam interacted with him at too low a level and got a similar missing string.

Your console says “accidentally closed game TnT,” did your game crash before this happenned?

I experienced the same bug, with the same NPC. It was prior to today’s hotfix (haven’t played since).
Since it seems to be related to localization, it might be useful to tell you that my game is set up to be in English, while my system is in French.

Hey! So at some point the description for Psykinetic Wrath changed to a console message. I’ve tried verifying game files integrity. See screenshot.

darktide_launcher.log (372.2 KB)

(Also, I haven’t gotten a roll for the force sword since the first day. Now I only get rolls for the claw sword, dagger, axe and saber. Don’t know if this is bugged or not. Was thinking it might be because the game isn’t properly registering what class I am playing. I get staffs tho… Maybe the sword’s droprate is just really low. Been playing for 19h, so I would’ve guessed I should’ve gotten more force swords.)

psyker’s ability psykinetic wrath or whatever its called, doesnt show description in charactert creation, only like, code. just thought i’d share im sure they already know or are going to fix it.

Issue Description:
Many people have pointed out that Psykinetic’s Wrath frequently has issues displaying it’s description - the issue may have something to do with the fact that both the Psyker’s ability and their top feat in the 2nd column are called Psykinetic’s Wrath. I assume these shared names also cause an issue when hovering over the feat and then hovering over the ability where the description won’t update.

Steps to Reproduce:
Hover over the Psyker’s Psykinetic’s Wrath feat (2nd column, top row) and then hover over the Psykinetic Wrath ability.

N/A

Platform:
Steam

Player ID:
Qzik

Always

Reproduction Rate:
Consistent

Example of ability being hovered but showing description of feat:

When pressing tab in the Psykhanium it looks like this, tried both advanced training and meat grinder wiht same result.