Known Issue: Daily Reward Not Claimable and Looping

We’re aware of and investigating an issue causing the Daily Reward to sometimes be unable to claim and endlessly load.

We’ve identified that the issue occurs when the calendar changes from Day 8 back to Day 1, and we believe that only the Day 1 reward should be affected.

Please skip Day 1 (wait 24 hours) for now whilst we iron this out.

We will be merging any existing posts relating to this issue here.

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience.

I couldn’t claim my daily reward today. Is there anyone else or am I the only one?

1 Like

We kindly ask that you complete the questions below. With this information, we can add it to our database for investigation.

Issue Description:

I try to get today’s Mondstille gift, but when I click on the Claim Gift button, I get the spinning arrows on a darkened screen. After a second, there is a thumping sound, the screen lightens up for a moment, then it darkens and I get the spinning arrows again. This repeats constantly and soft-locks me in the screen. I can still hear Lohner bantering in the background, and I can still type messages to others, but I am otherwise stuck.

Restarting multiple times does not fix this issue. It only repeats, and I am unable to acquire the day’s gift. I have to use Task Manager to close out the game.

Steps to Reproduce:
[Please add the steps that can help our QA department in reproducing the issue. For example:]

1. Load into the Taal’s Horn Keep as Slayer Bardin (or any character, I’ve tried it with Grail Knight too)
  2. Access Lohner’s shop by talking to him
  3. Click on Claim Gift
  4. Get stuck

Map Name (If Applicable):
Taal’s Horn Keep

Platform:
Steam

Player ID:
Uboa

Approx. Time of Issue & Timezone:
12/15/2022 11:34 EST (has been happening all day

Reproduction Rate:
Constant (100%)

Upload Supporting Evidence:

Waiting for the gift

Brief flash of light

Annd back here again.

Upload Console Log:

1. Press the Windows key + R
  2. Enter %appdata% within the search input and select ‘OK’
  3. Navigate to AppData\Roaming\Fatshark\Vermintide 2\console_logs
  4. Locate the console log that corresponds with the session in which the issue occurred, by looking at the timestamps in the log names
  5. Upload here

console-2022-12-16-04.36.42-3fa6f556-d97b-407b-97f4-e4887eed9a66.log (145.7 KB)

Upload user_settings.config:

1. Press the Windows key + R
  2. Enter %appdata% within the search input and select ‘OK’
  3. Navigate to AppData\Roaming\Fatshark\Vermintide 2
  4. Locate the user_settings.config in this directory
  5. Upload here
    user_settings.config (14.4 KB)
2 Likes

same issue. i was able to get the gift yesterday but it was a gift for 7 day, even tho i didn’t play v2 for more than a week. and i dont have any cosmetics from previous days as well.

2 Likes

Hello,

i also got the same issue. I was also able to the gift from yesterday, but now im stuck in a loop and i cant get the gift!

3 Likes

We’re looking into this - apologies for the inconvenience.

4 Likes

Piling on, as I also had this issue yesterday and it continues today. Thank you, Fatshark, for looking into it!

1 Like

It seems like the gifts are working again. Will we be able to claim the one that was broken for a day?

1 Like

It seems working, but now it started from the very beginning (Day 1) by me…if i get also ALL Gifts then it is fine for me?! :wink:

I think you’ll find that you got the first gift of the second week. It doesn’t look like we’re getting gifts from last week as far as I can tell. It was day 8 of the first week that had the looping error.

Just to update here - we identified and resolved the issue.

We’re now looking into the best way to get missed rewards out to everyone. Please bear with us whilst we figure something out - we’re on it!

2 Likes

By Blessed Sigmar, you did it! When logging in today, I was greeted with a popup that I was receiving the missing item. Thanks FatShark! Great job everyone!

I’m afraid I have the same problem today.
Had no problems before, but unable to claim today’s gift.

Please fix

Issue Description:

I try to get today’s Mondstille gift, but when I click on the Claim Gift button, I get the spinning arrows on a darkened screen. After a second, there is a thumping sound, the screen lightens up for a moment, then it darkens and I get the spinning arrows again. This repeats constantly and soft-locks me in the screen. I can still hear Lohner bantering in the background, and I can still type messages to others, but I am otherwise stuck.

Restarting multiple times does not fix this issue. It only repeats, and I am unable to acquire the day’s gift. I have to use Task Manager to close out the game.

Steps to Reproduce:
[Please add the steps that can help our QA department in reproducing the issue. For example:]

1. Load into the Taal’s Horn Keep as Mercenary Kruber (or any character)
  3. Click on Claim Gift
  4. Get stuck

Taal’s Horn Keep

Platform:
Steam

Player ID:
El’Arash

12/29/2022 16:32 EST

Reproduction Rate:
Constant (100%)

Somehow the problem is solved.
Able to claim gifts again…

Same exact problem today,
Steps to Reproduce:

3. Click on Claim Gift
  4. Get stuck

Taal’s Horn Keep

Platform:
Steam

Player ID:
Mr. Bones

01/02/2022 00:32 CET

Reproduction Rate:
Constant (100%)

Unable to claim gifts, starting 1/1
Steps to Reproduce:

3. Click on Claim Gift
  4. Get stuck, must close game and relog

Taal’s Horn Keep

Platform:
Steam

Player ID:
RayBloodyPurchase

01/01/2023 2100 CST
01/02/2023 1050 CST

Reproduction Rate:
Constant (100%) - Verifying Game Files did not find any issue to resolve

Update -
Successfully claimed gift on 01/02/2023 2310 CST, after earlier uninstalling and reinstalling the game. Missed one day’s gift (1/1). Luckily that is the normal weekly and not the holiday gifts

edit: issue began on Sienna but occurred on other characters after. Corrected timezone from Eastern Standard to Central Standard. Added update with success

unable to claim daily gift. I’m gonna lose the gift today.

Issue Description:
When I click on the Claim Gift button, I got the loading spinning arrows. The spinning arrows disappear few seconds later and then appear again. It seemed the game stuck in the infinite loading loop like this forever and there’s no way I can exit the game properly. I had to use Task Manager to force shut down the game.

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Load into the Taal’s Horn Keep as any character
  3. Click on Claim Gift
  4. Get stuck, must close game and relog

Taal’s Horn Keep

Platform:
Steam

Player ID:
KillAlice

01/03/2023 2100 SGT (has been happening all the day)

Reproduction Rate:
Constant (100%)

Just tried to claim daily reward. Same symptoms as those reported by others. Cannot exit, have to stop launcher or use Task Manager.

1 Like

The same thing is happening to me now. I received the 8th day of attendance and today is the 1st day? I think it should be, but if you press the attendance button, it will load indefinitely and you can’t get out. It’s exactly the same situation as you.