KNOWN ISSUE: Crash on Launch With AMD GPUs

That would require someone there to give a sh!t and be competent. And you are correct, because that is exactly what over companies/games have done when something is just a complete disaster.

1 Like

fixes do take time, and that’s fine
but again, a simple fix would be to roll back the service to the last patch while they ironed out the kinks
to not have any actually ETA or proper communication except for julia saying what she’s told to is astonishing and frankly a slap in the face
along with the “work day is almost over so it won’t get fixed today” just makes my blood boil because in the real world when you mess something major up you do your best to fix it, and when you’re delivering something like a major patch you allocate time for OT just in case you need it.
say what you will about other gaming companies, but i have never had this experience from any other product i’ve purchased

1 Like

There are some really greedy publishers/developers out there but even EA/Ubisoft/Activision would compensate the playerbase or roll-back the update if a third of the playerbase couldn’t log in after an update, especially during a community event. If China/Tencent truly isn’t influencing FatShark, then what explains this soulless, dishonourable conduct, which is so iconic of the notoriously human-rights ignoring CCP?

1 Like

this whole development process has been shadowed with anti consumer practices tencent is notorious for, and it’s really sad to see the dedicated work of artists, programmers, animators, etc. given such a bad name by terrible business practices

4 Likes

well, i actually do expect them to work all night

god, i know they screwed up hard, but do you have any idea how entitled you sound? expect them to work all night? it’s a video game. I also can’t load the game rn, sucks but I’ll do something else. It’s not worth eating up people’s family/evening time over it.

2 Likes

If I screw up bad at work and my boss asks me to stay overtime to fix my mistake, he is damn right well in his right to ask me to, and if I refuse, he is damn right well justified in firing me. I am sick of these liberal philosophies permeating society.

2 Likes

GUID: be347415-0065-4737-b1c9-92539538b348
Log File:
Info Type:

Thank you.

i payed for the game so I AM entitled to be able to play the game friend…think about it.

Also, if i screw up at work (and i NEVER screwed up as big as this) i ALWAYS work as long as necessary to fix whatever i broke. I only stop when security kicks me out so they can lock down the building for the night. Its called Accountability, the concept that if you screwed up, you fix it asap.

Im not even playing the game everyday btw. so not being able to play it now isnt a big deal for me. The conduct of fatshark is my big problem.

2 Likes

I’m glad all the Nvidia bois are finishing the event for us while we sit here in AMD jail.

6 Likes

so if you couldn’t use your internet for a few days because the repair people were “enjoying family time” and could have easily fixed the problem in a single day that’s entitlement?

i paid for a service, i am entitled to said service
that’s all.
just because tencent is anti consumer AF doesn’t mean that everyone should be.
consumers are the only reason these people have a job, we give them money for a product and to have that withheld from 1/3rd or more of the population still playing this early access mess of a game and supporting them through all of the trash updates just because we hold a glimmer of hope that this game could be good is a slap in the face in the biggest way possible

i wouldn’t go so far as to force them to work overtime all night and day until it’s fixed, but holy crap roll back the servers to a stable point and fix from there
throw us a free skin or something as an apology, but fix this immediately instead of humming and hawwing and giving us vague timelines and empty apologies

ROLL BACK THE SERVERS WHILE YOU FIX THE ISSUE, PLEASE I WANT TO PLAY WITH MY FRIENDS! :frowning: fatshark u suck :frowning:

GUID: 0d1cd551-9166-438e-a591-2a1f0fbdcb73
Log File:
Info Type:

1 Like

The fact that they didn’t rollback the patch until they could fix such a major issue shows a complete lack of empathy, professionalism, and competence on their end. Yes, some people have been extremely aggressive etc about this incident on the forums, but this is hardly the first issue like this in the gaming community, so yes gamers do in fact know how to best handle things in regards to the public face. There are literally only two options with such a major thing, Rollback or Work All Night, and either should be paired with communication not lame excuses and playing the blame game.

1 Like

And what you asked was ridiculous, as I pointed out.

Telling people to upgrade to windows 11 just for their game is hardly a “workaround.” They also have to be careful about endorsing such things because if people do it and it doesn’t work (and there are cases where it doesn’t) it exacerbates the problem. Not to mention any secondary problems that would arise from changing their OS now being on their shoulders.

Every official channel talking about this already dominates the conversation by half the users.

And they are giving updates when they have NEW information so makes it odd you are asking for it.

This is actually quite professional, it’s just not giving you the answers you want so you think it’s poor service.

1 Like

This isn’t the kind of update you can rollback from. Weapons, cosmetics, account progression have all been added and rolling back will cause issues to your character

1 Like

they could have rolled it back maybe as soon as they found out? like within the first hour?
completely unacceptable

3 Likes

Oh so I can have my money essentially stolen by these people. Money I work for. Money I was earning being UNABLE to have “family time.”

It’s called a job pal. When you screw up at a job, you work and fix the mistake. You don’t screw up everything at work and then immediately turn around and ask your boss for a bonus. Also, idk what you are even trying to defend here but expecting someone to do the BARE MINIMUM at their job isn’t being entitled. We have been waiting for six months for SOMETHING to come out and when it does it literally breaks itself.

Oh and by the way idk if you know this, but Deep Rock Galactic was made by five people. It’s crazy.

1 Like

Correct, it’s easy for these people to say others are entitled when they’ve never touched gainful employment or touched bills in their life.

But as someone who works for my money and can’t have mandatory “family time.” It’s hard for me to have any empathy when these same people clearly have none for me.

1 Like

If they were competently run by their producers/managers there would have been a team in place already, fresh and ready to go to deal with any crises that arise during a patch release period.

If they were competently run such an obvious and extensive bug would never have made it through testing in the first place. But even in such a dire circumstance (that shouldn’t happen) a well-run studio would have a “patch day” system in place to deal promptly with such game-breaking bugs.

This is an absolute failure by Fatshark’s producers/managers to build the most basic and necessary systems into this project. On top of the long list of failures by the producer/management team already it’s the kind of thing producer heads should roll over. It’s that extreme of systemic incompetence on their part.

1 Like

The sheer fact that most of you guys are whining and complaining and looking to blame fatshark for everything up to and including theft, just shows how much of a hate boner you all have for this company. I am very much pissed that I can’t play this damn game after looking forward to the new stuff since it was announced; but also considering the fact that THEY ARE HAVING TO WORK WITH AMD ABOUT THIS means it’s not just their fault this happened. So calm your tits for once in your life. And for the love of everything, stop trying to back seat game dev because it’s clear you all don’t know anything

4 Likes

I am on Windows 11, I submitted my logs to the technical support forum and you combined it in to this.

I can assure you, Windows 11 IS affected.