Kantrael MG IV Rework

Aside from new characters who are stuck with it or buy it from the shop to test it out, I’d hazard a guess that this is the least used weapon in the game.

Issues

• Weakest precision weapon - no one is choosing this over a headhunter, helbore, or the other infantry lasgun variants.
  • High rate of fire, but once again 99/100 players aren’t choosing this over the recon lasguns or autoguns.

It tries to be two things at once and fails at both.

Suggestions

• Change blessings list to be similar to recons and AGs.
  • Reduce recoil.
  • Add the modified MG IV pattern (burst-fire variant) used by scab stalkers to player weapon selection.
    • Just call it the IVb or something.

Thanks for reading

EDIT: Apologies, had a major brainfart while writing this, meant to say the MG IV. Brain no work good

4 Likes

I tried it on crit gun Psyker and only had one real complaint honestly. The aim wobble when you’re suppressed is cartoonishly over the top. Literally struggle to hit a reaper at mid range kind of wobble. Don’t like it feeling borderline unusable outside suppression immune Vet. Otherwise seems like a solid finesse gun.

The Scab Stalker Lasgun variant is more colloquially known as the Lascarbine. It wouldn’t be a bad addition to the game, for sure.

Why leave the clearly worse wariant then? Just change it to burst fire, that’s it.

No! I hate burst fire - right now the MgIa is actually in an awesome spot. Right now it’s in my opinion the best precision weapon on vet except for the Lucius which requires higher skill to work well.

I played a lot of Vet without suppression immunity and the main problem I found about this is that Suppression doesn’t clear properly when repositioning. Sometimes you just switch cover and it clears completely sometimes it’s with you for a long time even when you aren’t being shot at, it’s very wierd.

This confused the hell out of me until I realized I had named the wrong infantry lasgun. Ia is indeed one of the good ones.

1 Like

Didn’t know this, just kinda assumed it was an MG IV mod since they use very similar models, minus the stock

They won’t do that as MG IV are part of the lasgun weapons pool (so with MG Ia and XII).

But, I would have liked an automatic mode when not using alt fire, and single shot when aiming.

1 Like

Yeah, think of it as basically a burst-fire MG IV Lasgun (without, as you said, a stock)

Honestly, I’d add it to my Vet’s arsenal if it functions well. I’d assume the most logical way to implement it is as a MG IV with a slightly higher mobility rate at the cost of overall stability. Maybe giving it a slightly higher rate of damage than a standard MG IV would suit the overall feel of the manly burst-fire. Lascarbines would be a lot of fun, for sure.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.