Issues with Helbore and Bolter swap time

Oh, well that does sound like fun :smiley: . It’s just difficult to balance something like that, so it’s not too “abusable” and one psycho, with lack of self-preservation instinct does not trivialise all monster/boss fights. On the other hand, plasma gun and bolter are already very strong weapons against monsters and bosses, so it is kind of aligned with what the weapon should do and they already have similar mechanic on psyker. I believe psyker can explode himself to deal damage to surrounding enemies. So it’s not like it’s not possible, it might just get tricky to make it worth doing at times, but not something you just do by default, because you oneshot everything, so YOLO :smiley: . It is interesting idea though

1 Like

Well, the ADS sway sucks already … :smiley: . But veteran has talent to reduce ADS sway for the cost of stamina, or at least that’s how I interpreted the tooltip. As usually it wasn’t super descriptive, because it’s not like the game explains to you what “Sway” is in this context. It seems to be doing that though.

1 Like

That would be good though because it makes the bolter rightfully more deadly in the Vets hands, being a long range headshot monster over the zealot using it. Tbh most of the time im hip firing my bolter into ogryns or ragers anyway!

Bolter is fine due to what it does, hellbore is awful due to how much freakin prep a charged shot needs from a melee to ranged swap.

It isn’t at all. The excessive animations ruin it.

Best weapon in the game, don’t let the animation hold you back.

1 Like

I disagree. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Think you’re in the minority tbh

¯_(ツ)_/¯

I agree I just think the animation is irritating and I don’t think it’d be OP to remove it.

Well apparently bolter got actually “stealth nerfed” and some players claim it has far less armor penetration now, even though it’s supposedly not part of the patch notes - I will admit here I didn’t read the patch notes yet, lol :D. And if that is true, then in the very least, the cases I listed above should have the animation removed to compensate. I still like my bolter, I still successfully completed diff 4 misssions with it, but if they intend to make it less deadly, then it might as well be wee bit more comfortable to use.

And regarding Helbore … yes, that weapon just sucks. It is not terrible per say, but it is - by far - not good enough to be further nerfed by the long ass animations. And if they want to keep the long ass animation and the charge time, which both have significant impact on your gameplay, then I will log into the game right now and I better oneshot-headshot every single unarmored elite in the goddamn game with the charge shot. Because if I can’t, then I don’t see why would I subject myself to the severe discomfort of carrying the rifle, to do mediocre damage with it.

And I’m not being hyperbolic with the oneshotting. Imho if the weapon wants to be “THE sniper rifle of Darktide”, then it needs to give you that “one shot, one kill, Ima leet snipa waaagh” feeling, at least on headshots. And I’m not sure if they changed the weapon yesterday honestly, I didn’t check yet. But if they didn’t, it definitelly didn’t feel like this in the pre-order beta.