Is the Terrifying Barrage blessing on the Purgatus Staff Redundant?

The primary and secondary fires all seem to already suppress and knock back enemies without the blessing.

Do we have to have a ‘Close Kill’ before it takes effect? What am I missing here?

I personally feel like Terrifying Barrage is the worst perk you can get on Purg staff and bricks a voidstrike staff for me but people in the Discord will tell every new player who asks that it is god tier perk on both. I also don’t see its purpose on Surge regardless of whether it actually works or not as its a CC beast anyway.

Even testing staffs in the meatgrinder the standard secondary attacks of the voidstrike and purgatus suppress nearby units pretty consistently. The surge staff with no Barrage perk though does not seem to have a suppression effect on it’s secondary that I can see so it may benefit from Terrifying Barrage more than other staffs but I do not actually have a surge staff with that perk to test it for some reason. The trauma staff may also benefit from it as it doesn’t appear to suppress things quite as much either. This is only from testing in the meatgrinder though until we get private lobbies (maybe later today if we are lucky)

Even the LMB attacks of staff seem to have a suppression effect but it is a lot less consistent for me and I can’t really be bothered testing it in too much detail as its only the LMB.

Errrh, no it is a horrible perk.
To proc it, you need to be within 10m of the kill target which then suppress 1 mob in a 5+m area.
Absolutely terrible blessing.

And yes, it is super redundant on a purgatus staff that has a suppression range of 10-18m for all targets.

1 Like