Intel Logs for Lore?

The game has a ton of lore and backstory, and there are plenty of voicelines that hint about what’s currently going on and what’s to come. The problem is pretty much all of this is hidden away in random places like item descriptions or the vox cast videos that I wasn’t even aware were still a thing. In the case of voicelines in the Mourningstar or during missions these can be easily missed and some only play with the right combinations of characters. Too many times mid mission have my friends on voice chat reacted to an interesting line that I missed because I was distracted fighting enemies or something.

I’d really like to see an NPC or area added to the Mourningstar that collects the lore we gather so we can go back and refer to it later. It could even be that there are collectibles in the levels similar to VT1’s lorebook pages or VT2’s ravaged art that you can collect to slowly fill up your knowledge database. As our characters are low level operatives who don’t get fed much information, I think I’d prefer this scavenging style approach to just being given access to the inquisitorial databanks.

The main thing is making the information more accessible. There’s not a lot of point in having all this deep lore if it doesn’t ever make its way to the playerbase, and we’re far less likely to pick up on hints and easter eggs in the character chat or hidden in the levels if we don’t know the background stuff they’re referencing.

5 Likes

This right here

I don’t get why they only did a Lorebook in Vermintide 1.

couldn’t do it in 2, because they won’t verify which job class is “official”. won’t do it in darktide, because they don’t want to make it clear how much they didn’t write for this.

1 Like

I did think, when I’d had a good look around the Mourning Star last year, that that is what this area would be for. With the lecturn and the shelves for scrolls etcetera, it would be perfect for a scribe/servitor with access to lore and story stuff, like the YouTube vox messages. Perhaps that is what it will be for in the future, although I imagine that if it is it is probably way down the list of things to do.

3 Likes

The 4th Careers are the canon ones in Vermintide 2, they just wouldn’t admit it before :rofl:

Yeah, I thought that’s what that area would end up being for too.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.