Immediate crash on startup

Whenever i try to start the game from steam, i immediately get an error saying “The program can’t start because api-ms-win-downlevel-kernel32-l2-1-0.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.”

GUID: 3ec09cd8-b3cf-4104-bccc-a633bc6231b7
Log File:
Info Type:

This is all the log says, i’m still on windows 7, is this a known problem being worked on or what’s going on here? (i’ve tried reinstalling, verifying integrity etc ofcourse)

Sorry for the inconvenience. This is a known issue, we’re working on it.

Thanks for the quick reply, is this the sort of problem you foresee being fixed in the near future or should i just let my friends know i cant play today? Or is an eta not possible to give at this time?
Would love to try out the new stuff.

Keep up the great work.

Today hopefully, maybe tomorrow

1 Like

https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=KB4507456
This MS update installs any missing " api-ms-win-downlevel-kernel32-l1-1-0.dll" on a windows 7 system into %windir%\System32\CompatTel.
Copy it to %windir%\System32 and the game should start.
Copying it to the game bin or launcher directory doesn’t start the game too on the official realm, but this time because of EAC protection (untrusted dll).
KB4507456 was one of the many win7 telemetry updates, just fyi.

Similar problem on Win7 x64
“The program can’t start because api-ms-win-downlevel-kernel32-l2-1-0.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.”
The evening is ruined.

GUID: 18e92645-d5c6-4300-9e40-f837a11047cd
Log File:
Info Type:

Thank you for your prompt work, Hotfix 4.3.0.2 helped. You have a good team.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.