If youre going to keep recycling maps atleast

At least create some diversity in the missions. The new “mission” is just a repath of the same map/mission we had before. First play thru I wanted to leave the game already, i asked the players in the same lobby and they were also disappointed.

If you are going to recycle maps at least add a new mode to the game like survival or something. plenty of bridges and tunnels in darktide that can create choke points. Maybe make a group of 6 players defend a bridge and the higher level they survive the better the reward or they can choose to extrate after 20 waves?

Good idea? Or is this not COD?

6 Likes

Burn

1 Like

The mission task variety also needs to be recycled less going forward.

Plug in servitors to a bunch of locations. Wait for a couple to break, fix them.
Go to area, open hatches to get rods. Insert rods in different places
Fight the same boss with identical mechanics
Go to big open area, hold out against a couple waves. Leave.

There we go, but wait, I thought there was supposed to be 7 mission types across 13 maps? Oh, some of those mission types just re-use the same mechanics from the others too. Combine this with use of the same maps on some missions, it just…yeah. I really hope more maps in the future start giving us new and interesting tasks instead of just relying on these more.

3 Likes

I haven’t even been able to find the new mission since it came out…

Good idea? Or is this not COD?

lmfao

The unique parts of the map we haven’t seen before are really well done and the lighting is good, but it’s more of the same move here, plug in skulls, repair skulls, wait for elevator, move, skulls, repair, evac.

Also if they want to change the direction you walk bricking up the doorway to the church type building looked a bit stupid imo. Why not just have some closed doors? Maybe because the bricks where an easy copy paste and they need a guy to draw some doors :slight_smile:

Fatshark have shown in vermintide that they can make great levels, river reik was a hell of a ride. Been pretty disappointed with how linear and static all of the environments and objectives have been.

1 Like