If you're going to fix hero power... fix everything useless first?

I’m really afraid that when the game simply becomes more difficult it will be unplayable for a lot of people or they will have to play on a lower difficulty in the future which means getting zero progression because of the way loot is capped. And the jump in difficulty from one setting to the next is just so huge in this game that some players might be bored in veteran but not able to complete champion.

If the next patch is soon and it only includes fixes and no difficulty/talent balance, then for many people that might just mean not playing the game for a few weeks until the real balance patch comes.

Yeh that’s exactly my concerns, you worded it much better than i did myself, thank you.

Mhm. This has been on my mind lately. Thanks for the feedback!

While i have your attention (i know i’m pushing it) but are there any plans to look at the way red items drop? Just i have 220 hours in the game and never gotten a red item, i mostly play Legendary/Champion right now. My friend has 20 hours and got 2 reds. Just feels a little frustrating and i’m just wondering if this kind of issue is “on the list” at all?

I’m gonna have to go with the trademark “maybe” there :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

“maybe” :smiley:

1 Like

Ah, i will go with the Overkill approved “SoonTm.” I know how it is, have to be extremely cautious otherwise people might believe you’re promising/confirming something that you don’t know yourself if it can be done.

Again though, thanks for your time. I hope the changes are not as bad as i feel they’re going to be and i hope we get some more positive changes soon.

I feel you man. Friend of mine got 5 red items. 3 charms, 1 trinket 1 necklace. Duplicates are somewhat ok but when you get into the territory where you have 3+ of a charm so you have all possible builds covered (33% curse resistance + 5%MS/10%CDR/5%Crit) it becomes very frustrating getting additional dupes and we all want those juicy weapons more than charms you cannot see.
#BringBackTheFish

I’d take some reds with dupes over no reds at all. Just right now as Legendary doesn’t seem to give me reds at all, it feels extremely punishing/unrewarding. I’d rather have some way to 100% chance to get a red.

2 Likes

i don’t want to be a “git gud” person but this really isn’t something that can’t be handled. when a ton of specials start showing up it gets very tricky and can definitely become hopeless quickly, but one, or two if needed can keep a boss busy while the rest veer off and take care of things. when the boss audio queue plays up people should get ready for it and take the right position.

we’ll see how that feels after the patch but right now it is manageable, and we’ve had a troll, horde, and some specials spawn in the barracks in righteous stand more than once and pulled it off. people just have to play their roles.

Less cleave? Less stagger? Less damage?

Vs dense chaos horde with marauders, Maulers with they 10m slides and Chaos Warriors? On Deeds with double HP? 2h hammer is useful because it has great stagger nad cleave- so it will be useless again? Dual Swords and Sword has barely any cleave at all- now it will have less?

I think I’m done after such “balance” pass…

1 Like

As long as they fix the phantom hits, I couldnt care less.
Well thats a lie, but still, people will always find a workaround and get the best weapon combos.

It’s not about combos. I was thinking all the time after playing only legends that most weapons need MORE cleave or damage, not less. Lol.

Playing vs Chaos Horde will a chore if they reduce cleave. It’s already much better to spam range at them than risking being a hit, simply because they are so dense that with current you are gonna get hit no matter what. Also mix marauders inside that horde or SVs and your cleave is already reduced to 0.

Hence why 2h hammer is now in good place, it has its role with its cleave.

I don’t like this approach from Fatshark at all…

1 Like

I’m wondering, does this affect shielded stormverin on Legend at all? Is it going to take even more hits to break their block? Only time will tell.

Uh… so BoP and Volley arent absolute must on BH because of passive+15+scrounger?
Or Glaive and passive / Crossbow on Shade?

They are stongest but I was saying about planned cleave and damage reduction on MELEE weapons.

They can nerf range all they want- it’s already too strong.

But melee is already not strong enough vs Dense Chaos Horde so I don’t like that kind of idea.

Not to mention that, even if the 2handed hammer has awesome cleave, it won’t do you any good if your swing resets when being hit. Reduce that cleave, and the 2handed hammer is just a special killer, at which point you may as well bring the head-chopping 2handed sword…

Yeh, it’s certainly going to push people towards range spam to weaken hordes then using weapons with low cleave that are fast.

It already does. If they will really nerf cleave and damage of melee then this game will turn into range spam even more than now. You already need a lot of skill and positioning and dodge/parry timing to only melee horde. It’s so much easier to just spam arrows/flames/bolts and flamethrower and don’t give a dam about cleave.

IMO from all changes they could have thought of- this is probably the worst one.

1 Like

Ehm, they won’t stagger even closely as much as before? At 600 HeroPower the effect is halved, see:
http://forums.fatsharkgames.com/t/difficulty-specific-caps-scaling-and-buffs-arent-being-applied-to-hero-power/20013/48

TLDR; Previous stagger scale at 595 HP: 780, new stagger scale at 595 HP: 393.33, so for all intents and purposes 50% less.

1 Like