I think an unintended consequence of this patch is a much worse curio grind

i don’t think this is on purpose but two things have probably pretty significantly reduced the likelihood of a player getting a curio they want with the blessing/perks they prefer :

1. the store seems to now have a fixed two slots for curios instead of the 2-4 it used to roll. since the first two rolls would be shown to the player and the blessing roll is by far the most difficult roll (1/4 chance of getting the kind of blessing you want, needs a 77+ to get maximum blessing utility) ie least likely, reducing the frequency of the curios appearing here will have a pretty significant impact on players accessing curios they want/prefer.

2. the refine item system UI being made more complicated (click once to focus click again to reroll, up from just the latter) is even rougher on curios, where the player will need to reroll multiple curios routinely. this is just an annoying bug generally but particularly sucks here.

please make curios spawn as/more frequently, as they used to or more often. suggestion: one curio of each type always rolls, maybe? that would fix it.

3 Likes

Funny thing is that with Sire Malk being an overall improvement and being able to re-bless it just makes the curio situation look even more dire.

People reporting that they were seeing consistent +17% toughness or +21% Ho with good rolls and that’s been the exact opposite of my expirence with them.

It wouldn’t be so awful if curios weren’t locked to 1 roll because often it either generates or rolls though upgrading like:

-good hp
-ok roll on something like +damage resist
-oh no, +xp
-dam it, +curio

If it was even a case like “curios have 2 stats and 1 blessing” it would be more acceptable but as it stands the chances of getting a useable curio are even more rough. Tbh I just wish they would bin perk and blessing locking since some weapons absolutely have enough build variety to not need it.

1 Like

it really comes down to strategy and trying to have the most pulls you can. i didn’t find it hard before to gradually build the curios i wanted assuming you know how the store/blessings rolls works, never level up one with a perk you hate and could tolerate the store.

now you’re reliant on purely unseen outcomes ie emps or milks for your curios and imo that’s not worth pursuing, you’ll never get what you want. it’s going to be muuuuch harder to roll good ones about 150% to 200% as hard assuming there hasn’t been much improvement on their range. don’t think that was an intended outcome of the new system.

Oh granted yeah but usually my thing is that I never see those really high roll + HP or +toughness curios without a messed up stat because that’s just my luck I guess. On top of that I think with the new system like you said it kind of unintentionally makes it worse and tbh I’m not brave enough to open up Sire Malk’s random rewards to compensate.

Can you not just buy them at the new vendor if 2 per hour arent enough for you? And are we really nitpicking over curios now? Like the difference between a good vs bad curio is almost completely negligible in actual gameplay.

Maybe its just me but some of y’all seem really OCD about “god rolls” on equipment.

1 Like

Maybe if rolling curios weren’t ass I would be less OCD about it.

I get that the meme is to go “well X makes no difference” but having +gunners + sniper resist makes my life far less painful since that’s usually what ruins my runs on damnation when not playing vet.

no, you cannot. that’s my point, the system just got (ballpark) twice as grindy when it comes to curios specifically. i really don’t think this was an intended outcome of the system!

and it used to be pretty easy, if grindy, to optimize this. not hard at all, i have multiple full sets with all perks i want. now it’s twice as hard, roughly.

1 Like

Decent curios just arent that hard to come by. Maybe you don’t everything exactly as you want but you can get everything you could possibly need in just a week or two of playing a class.

Not having them exactly perfect at least keeps getting new ones vaguely interesting after you’ve got a few hundred hours logged.

Not getting exactly all the perks you want on a curio is like not having the exact shade of grey floor mat you want in your car. Nice to have but really no big deal.

It’s almost purely luck based, so you are both very right and very wrong.

I personally don’t mind all my curios being only T3 rolls, I don’t need perfect, but it feels too hard right now to get 4 stats that are relevant.

Mostly correct, however getting specific perks on all your curios to try different fun builds is too time consuming for most players, which in turn stops people from even trying different things.