I started to like the game more and more!

After some initial frustration which caused me not playing that much, I am getting hooked more and more with the game. I think what frustrated me, was the not-so-good leveling experience and my lack of understanding of the crafting/item system. Now that I got 3 level 30 characters and much better understand item stats, I play for hours and enjoy it.

I share the frustration expressed here, but I don’t feel it as strongly as most others. FS has always been really experimentative with its games and some experiments just weren’t successful. But I rather have developers that try new things instead of “EA Games selling the same game every year” kind.

5 Likes

Definitely feels like a mixed bag of ideas that work, don’t work, and we’ll see when they’re finished. Which isn’t a great place to launch from, but here we are lol

1 Like

I would agree with you if my 3rd lvl 30 weren’t sharpshooter for who I try to get a good roll on kaeltran MGXII.

1 week now I stick to a blue 322 MGXII because I can’t find ANY in our beloved hourly shop. And it with me checking every hour the shop on the app…

Some of the unpopular decisions they made i understand and support.
No Scorboard is smth. i agree with in general, although i think there could be some more team stats like team was in coherency for x% of time or team found/ used x% of ammo on the map.
Personal stats support egocentricity and people playing for their stats only what often is bad for teamplay and success of the mission.
I see the point of min maxing, but i’m not into it that much and weigh the positive versus the negative the way that i agree with no such stats.

The random Maps and special conditions i somewhat also agree with, because people tend to min max and some missions would be orphaned. It prevents people from speedrunning a single mission only and i support that somehow.

I still play, but much less than a month ago, but i have 400+ hrs into it already and played a lot

I hope they come up with some changes to RNG regarding the Crafting at least.
Both weapon shops should also be somehow less frustrating.

1 Like

Yep. What I find funny, is that I am quite sure most people giving bad review are sitting on a 100+h of playing (me included, am at almost 200h), which means they got their money worth…

i didnt review it on steam and i agree with you that people expect often way too much.
I mean everything around missions is no doubt a bit too much of rng and crafting still incomplete and also much rng based is really a bummer. I thought it would be patched into in pre lainch beta already, then i thought ok next over over next week and now its almost 2 month and still no reblessing.
i got my money worth for sure and i’m still playing and do a weekly contract for one class each week until.

Personal stats support teamplay and people playing on the difficulty that fits them, which is good for teamplay and the succes of the mission.

If you buy food that tastes bad, but you eat it anyway, so that it does not go in the trash, would you have gotten your money‘s worth?
I mean, you still eat it, but the experience is quite horrible and you probably regret buying it.

2 Likes

You telling me you are forced to play just to make you feel better for not wasting money?

Doubt

3 Likes

No.

Also, this is not about me. You said

So i say something that i think might apply to many or most people as well.

Also, you should kinda hope that mostly people with relatively high playtime give revievs, since others are likely to have false hope and think „it will get better later on“.

1 Like

I have played all missiontypes on Damnation and can deal with it, but not carry.
Sorry but i have to disagree and made different experiences in other games, when it comes to personal stats. But that is offtopic here and we can just agree to disagree, i dont want to argue over it. I have my experiences and opinion and you have yours, all fine.

well i also dont understand how people can be so disappointed and have played 100+ hours.
Like i said i have already 400+ hours, but i didnt leave a bad (nor a good) review and stopped playing.
I wish for changes and crafting completion, i can let go hc min maxing, i can deal with rng shop and such, i have done a lot of the grindy penances and going further, do a weekly contract for one class per week and have fun playing missions. Sometimes i will search for a premade team to do Damnation, but i also have fun on Malice where i mostly can carry a whole team and even Heresy, when the team is not drunk :smiley:

If i’d have been so disappointed i’d have not played 50 or more hours.
I think people like the core game, as we can read in almost every post, but are very frustrated to disappointed with everything around. And so do i.
But the difference is, what is more important and what i can let go and what not.
I didnt use that Browser Addon, i almost played 99% of the time i was online and maybe 10hours of that said 400+ are not doing missions, but searching the internet about mechanics and how to do things. I almost forget about the hourly shop once in a while and play with what i have.
I consecrated tons of weapons to be disappointed in the end, but thats it. The missions are still fun.

If i had to do a review now it would be positive with warnings. But how can i justify a negative review after playing 400+ hours?
I cannot if i want to be taken serious. I would say that i still love the WH40k atmosphere, the classes, the levels, the combat, sound design, weapons and would warn everybody outside about the RNG and sheer frustration it can create.
But if you can let this go, you can have tons of fun.

If i buy something I don’t like, I don’t play/eat/do whatever you want for your example. I don’t play it for 200h.

I am not really happy of where the game is currently but I am still playing it. I understand people not being fully pleased as I am not my self. All I said is « people are not happy but have played their money worth, which could have been worse »

No judgement here, just opinion / fact.

2 Likes

Please stop doing this to yourself. Stop obsessing about mythical perfect stat weapons and just play the game. You can enjoy any difficulty without hitting some specific damage breakpoints or getting specific blessing combos etc.

You don’t need 380 base stat score and/or 45/50 points quality blessings to make a difference on Heresy+ difficulties. Focus on the mission gameplay and from time to time, you will get better gear outside of it.

This is not World of Warcraft, your success in the game in the vast majoirty depends on your ability and knowledge of the game systems. Through practice your visual-audio-motor skills will improve: reaction times, aim, timings, reading animations and sound etc. Add to that some teamplay and communications and you can swim through most of the situations the game throws at you.

There is a reason why the V2 mod scene and the Chaos Wastes are so popular. Some people like the challenge.

4 Likes

Numbers don’t matter as long as you meet the breakpoints (i.e. if you 1shot headshot shooters etc). Don’t beat yourself over not having a perfect gun.

You misunderstand the purpose of the steam review system. It should solely reflect whether you think the average user of your review should purchase the game. Do you think car enthusiasts recommend every sports car they purchase to the common populace? Do you think watch enthusiasts recommend every watch they like? Getting your money’s worth should have no bearing on the ultimate (non)recommendation status of your steam review. A rec is a rec, if not then it’s a non-rec, simple as that. Doesn’t matter if you have 10 or 100 or 1000 hours.

2 Likes

It is the only end game we currently have. So, I will keep going (don’t worry, my sanity is still OK)

Thanks to share your personal opinion tho.

I know, thx, but I like maxing my stuff in games…

That’s my thing :slight_smile:

1 Like

Call me crazy, but when something gets launched as a full game, i kind of expect the game to be “full”

3 Likes

Stop telling people how to play the game. Every one of us enjoy different aspects of the game. You do you but cut the crap when it comes to what others enjoy.

If they didn’t announce crafting and launched only with Consecrate and Refine, would you have been happier?

All this crying on all Darktide socials about the same god damn issues over and over and over and over and over and over and over again is so obnoxious - like we get it and for the most part we agree with those statements. This echo chamber of yours started bleeding everywhere and is annoying, bunch of men-children.
Everyone expects issues to be fixed and the devs to fundamentally change the game in 1 month, are you disconnected from reality?
Not happy with the product - refund.
Not happy with the product and still have hopes, give your feedback in a constructive and respectful way and move on doing other stuff or continue playing.

The best way to not support the devs is to not pay, rather than crying 24/7 on forums.
See you Nextweek™

2 Likes