I love vermintide but this release is a bad joke, we are not alpha testers

Issue summary:
Just played Halescourge in the balanced beta and when we was at the end at the end point, nothing happent. :smiley:

We tried some stuff nothing worked, reconnect and move in and out etc.

Then we decided to die to get some exp, when we died nothing happentā€¦

There are 100 000 bugs in this game, never seen anything like this, how can you release the game like this? Should be 50% of for beta testing this game for you.

S

Steps to reproduce:

etc.

Does it occur every time?
no

Additional information:

Attach your DXDIAG.
(Press ā€˜STARTā€™ and type ā€˜DXDIAGā€™, click the DXDIAG app and let it load fully. Once loaded click 'Save All Informationā€¦" and save this to a location of your choosing. At the top of this edit box, click the Upload button and select your saved DXDIAG file)

Attach your session console log.
( Go to ā€œC:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Roaming\Fatshark\Vermintide 2\console_logsā€ and find the log that matches the session in which the problem occurred)

Attach your crash log and dmp.
( Go t o ā€œC:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Roaming\Fatshark\Vermintide 2ā€ and find the crash dump that matches the crash in which the problem occurred, as well as the crash log for that particular crash)

1 Like

Seriously?

This forum is for meaningful feedback, if youā€™re just going to rage and be toxic keep it to yourself. You didnā€™t even upload the files requested in the template.

This game was already 50% the cost of most new games, and youā€™re being dramatic about the amount of bugs. Iā€™ve played about 90 hours so far, and sure, there are bugs, but not that many and certainly not game breaking.

Fatshark lets the players be a part of making and improving the game, and I think thatā€™s amazing. If you donā€™t like it, why donā€™t you quit and come back in six months?

4 Likes

You paid $27 for the game if you pre-ordered it, or $30 if you didnā€™t. That is at least 50% off compared to AAA titles that are release in as bad as, or worse, shape as Vermintide 2ā€™s release has been.

• Farcry5 = $60-90
  • Star Wars Battlefront 2 = $60+
  • Red Dead Redemption 2 = $60+
  • Grand Theft Auto V = $60 (still, for a 5 year old game)
  • Sea of Thieves = $60
  • Monster Hunter World = $60-70
  • Nier Automata = $60
  • etc, etc, etc

Game companies expect you to pay at least $60 for their game, but you might get conned into spending $90 or $120 through Day 1 DLC or Season Pass material that is basically mandatory for the game.

You might also be looking at a game that you are heavily pushed towards spending potentially $100ā€™s of additional in "micro"transactions in order to be competitive / be able to advance at a reasonable rate / access basic stuff.

Meanwhile, we have Vermintide 2 at $30, with no "micro"transactions.

This game is worth more than $30, even in the not-quite-fully-polished state it released in.

Also, and Iā€™m really not sure why Iā€™m still replying to you, but if you think this is alpha testing then youā€™ve clearly never done that. Participating in the pre-beta technical tests for the game resulted in crashing the majority of the time before finishing a mission. As in, some days Iā€™d put 3-4 hours in and fail to complete a single mission on Recruit difficulty.

3 Likes

ā€œFatshark lets the players be a part of making and improving the game, and I think thatā€™s amazing. If you donā€™t like it, why donā€™t you quit and come back in six months?ā€

lol yes amazing is the best word to describe tho whole debacle.

This 6 months idea is not to bad.

1 Like

You know how much i paid for any of those games? 0$, thats a lot of % less than 27$.

But sure the quality overall in gaming at release have been going down, big. I have been gaming for 25 years soon so i have seen the decline firsthand.

This game is still among the worst i have ever seen, sure there might be some worse (not a very good excuse) but there are definitively better releases.

Alpha or Beta w/e its still not near polished enough, this should have been released in 6 months.

1 Like

Hey there Keysersoeze,

Iā€™m so sorry to hear about the issues youā€™re having. We are currently very hard at work reporting, investigating and sorting out bugs in the game. We are on the smaller side as far as game companies go, which means that there are some bugs we had not discovered prior to our launch during testing. This is something we are doing our very best to remedy by rolling out continous patches with bug fixes and balance tweaks.

Vermintide 2 has really been a labour of love for us, which is why I think you can rest assured in the fact that we have dedicated our entire workforce to this end. We hope to reignite your interest in the game in the near future, when Vermintide 2 is even bigger and better than before :slight_smile:

If you want help with any of the specific bugs you are experiencing, please consider heading over to our bug sub-forum to make a report!

Best,
Hanna

9 Likes