I love this game, but I love my mouse too

This thread would want to be a feedback and also a question, because actually I don’t know if there is a mod or not (I have searched for a mod but with no success). There is a way to separate light and heavy attacks? I would want put light attacks on the mouse wheel and leave the heavy ones on their button.

3 Likes

when rodent slaying gets too real

3 Likes

No mods for that, I’m afraid. The best I can suggest is an external program to build separate macros for that, but I’m not proficient on them. As far as I know, simple macros aren’t considered cheating by FS and actually at least j_sat (a high profile streamer) uses some.

1 Like

the dual weapons are terrible for wrist health

5 Likes

This game actually made my wrist hurt on a regular basis so now I don’t play it nearly as often anymore, real talk.

1 Like

there was several requests for having an auto-attack bind key (i wish for one too)

i actually have been observing my hand muscle fatigue as well - and the funny thing is, my hand actually starts to ache when i’m hitting on shields, rather than slicing or poking through bodies. psychological fatigue translating to real ache lol

2 Likes

I think they need to make heavy attacks more impactful before it becomes an issue, like with most “meta” weapons you hardly want to use it. But I kind of agree with what you are saying.

2 Likes

Hm. From an immersion point of view, I would refrain from auto-attack like settings in this game. Every swing counts, I feel, so I have to/want to work on every single one. Does this make sense?

Would auto-attack make things too easy?

trying to play this game with arthritus and carpel tunnel syndrome is torture lol. iver resorted to troll builds with 2 hand weaps to ease up on the clicking.

2 Likes

Maybe Fatshark can include a repeat feature for light attacks? Basically how it would work is you click and hold LMB and the game automatically chains light attacks at the maximum attack speed.

I don’t think it would make the game any easier because melee is all about timing and if you just attack at your maximum speed while dodging around you’ll strike empty air most of the time, and you still have to stop attacking to block. Automating just light attacks would cut down on most of the clicking.

One thing that makes the RSI injury rate worse is attack speed bonuses like swift slaying and slayer leap. These force you to click even faster to get any benefit out of the increased attack speed and that’s just more wear and tear on your hands.

2 Likes

I use a simple macro on my mouse to get round the constant clicking. Push it once to fire the macro and again to stop it. Sorts out the light attacks but isn’t perfect as blocking while the macro is running gets me constantly doing pushes, took a bit of practice to be proficient with turning it on/off at the right times

1 Like

I also use the triple left mouse click button on kb, really helps when you need to spam :grin:

1 Like

If you want controls like that, go play chivalry. Those controls are made for PvP mainly, not going AI it’s not needed

I don’t think, because spamming the mouse button or keep pressed is the same thing. It is important to know when to start, when to end, when to block, when to dodge…

1 Like

What it this? A macro builded with your mouse program?

This should not be bannable, right?

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.