I just bought and installed the game, but it will not start. I get a "MainWindow invocation error"

Error text as follows:

MainWindow invocation error: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly ‘System.Data.SqlServerCe, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89845dcd8080cc91’ or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: ‘System.Data.SqlServerCe, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89845dcd8080cc91’
at Launcher.SysInfo.detect_quality()
at Launcher.GameSettingsHolder.VerifyQualitySetting()
at Launcher.GameSettingsHolder…ctor(SysInfo si)
at Launcher.MainWindow…ctor()

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

I have validated the files via Steam and reset my computer to no avail.

Thank you.

Sorry about this. We’re aware this error appears to have been a result of a recent launcher update, which we’ve since rolled back to hopefully mitigate the issue whist we look in to this. Please let me know if this is still an issue for you.

I still can’t launch it. How do I use the “rolled back” launcher?

You shouldn’t have to do anything, the roll-back should be automatic. Perhaps restart your PC and verify integrity via Steam.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.