Huntsman Feels Somewhat Lacking

So you are saying you are out there a bow in the hands ads, all the time with elf? Because this is really not safe. You use melee, switch to ranged and acquire the target while charging the bow. Then switch back to melee. The first zoom is already restraining your field of view.

But I understand here again why it doesn’t fit you

as a matter of fact, I very often melee in the middle of a horde, swap to long bow, aim and fire a charged shot into a storm vermin’s face then swap back to meleeing in quick succession. The magic of being an elf. I can’t quite do the same with Kruber without taking hits, it isn’t intuitive.

But that aside, I move quick and I can quick snipe a lot of distant mobs a lot faster on Kerrillian than I can with Kruber. The main difference with the elf bow zoom is that her zoom does NOT reset after every shot, even if I use her 2ndary zoom.

Why is this hard to understand?

2 Likes

you know fire and gatling are armored?

Ironically, the most discussed topic ever on the forum is this one:

it’s funny how some characters can make such a turnover over time and a number of patches

2 Likes

Sure, I know it °-°

This is the same argument that people make in FPS games about bolt action rifles being weak because you have to hit headshots to keep up with semi/full auto guns. It doesn’t work there and it doesn’t work here. Having a career with a higher skill floor is not a bad thing. The same thing exists with melee careers as well. Some can be played by anyone with a working left mouse button, others require more finesse and are more rewarding for it.

You don’t have to headshot every single enemy to be effective anyways. Huntsman has very high crit chance through his talents, so body shot crits are quite frequent, and just as effective as headshots. For people that cant hit headshots at all, there are alternatives to the longbow like repeater and blunderbuss.

1 Like

The problem is that HS is high risk (higher skill floor) without high reward… because, scoring headshots, I obtain the same reward that other ranged careers can reach with a bodyshot.

I play pvp FPS since many years, and it’s true that bolt-actions need an headshot, but it’s also true that semi/full auto guns can’t kill with one shot (even if they hit the head). And this is the trade off. Bolt-actions need skill, but only they can one-shot.

Here, with Huntsman, I’m forced (with a more clunky weapon) to score headshots… while other (more agile) ranged careers can aim the body. It’s like if bolt-actions needed an headshot to kill, while for semi auto guns was enough a bodyshot.

1 Like

Until you consider bosses and chaos warriors. Or any armored in metal weaves. Or bearer before nerf. Not to mention bloodshot accuracy over distance.

About boss, you can melt then nearly as fast as double shot with added bonus to not be defensless if you miss.

And I actually prefer progressive zoom to instant zoom. I m not playing with increased fov, so the added situational awareness is helpful. But that s personal.

On a side note, you can still fire before full zoom and get max damage. I have tested it yesterday. You have to fire at the start of the zoom animation though, so timing is tight.

Well the issue for me is, a third of my kills in most games (and some nearly half) are headshots. Even though you are rewarded, I also get rewarded for landing those same headshot on BH, but I can land them much faster for nearly the same effect.

I don’t see the point in using Hunts, while other careers that fill that role exist. I love Kruber’s weapons, I love his careers, I even love the longbow. I just want him to be a bit better, so he can be a more competitive choice vs all the other ranged classes in the game.

Also you can’t have a character built around high skill ceiling gameplay, and then have a lower skill alternative be just as effective, or flat out better. That’s like making the M4 in CSGO one shot headshot like the AK, it’s stupid, and makes the AK literally inferior.

2 Likes

Sure but this is forgetting the rest of the kit. If they nerf spear a bit as I advise, then I would agree. But hunstman is ATM is way more survivable and versatile at the cost of a negligible speed reduction. As you said, most of the time you hs. And most of the time you know where the special is before seeing it (because sounds are amazing in this game) do you have already prepared your shot.

Friend, I don’t want seem rude… but why you say:

and are you still quoting me? I can answer you again, but we already talked about this!
As you see, when you answer to another user, even if I don’t agree with your arguments, I don’t quote you… because, as written above, we already talked about this.

Anyway: yep, Huntsman is better than WS against CWs, but also WS has her advantages (like HP regen, infinite ammo without any effort, the possibility to kill a special or a group of monks/berserks/SVs without aiming, etc etc)… while BH is directly stronger than HS also against CWs.

Against bosses Human Longbow, Elf Longbow and Crossbow are all pretty bad. Hagbane and Fireball staff are the useful ranged weapons against bosses. So, boss damage, isn’t an HS’ advantage. Moreover BH is much stronger vs bosses than HS, thanks his ult (I have seen BH cuts off 3/4 Spinemanglr’s HP with one ult, and he can spam his ult thanks the cooldown reduction with headshot… yep, he needs headshots, but also HS if he wants to do boss damage). I think that also WS, spamming her ult with a purple pot, can do better damage than HS, but about this I need more tests.

Well there is more than us in discussion so reminding others, my argument is not an attack against your feelings…

Ok so I admit kruber probably has one build when others have several. But you have to choose one when comparing, you cannot change one talent every time for the sake of an argument. So please, I ask you once again, pick your build, and state it clear and loud for us to compare efficiency…

So, don’t write “No, not again” ^^’

What? I already wrote my builds, read above, and all my reasoning are based about one build per ranged careers.

You did not pick your talents.
“Once again” was at the start of the argument…

Lastly, and because you were in the qq cancel topic. Do you use fast reload trick on crossbow to justify attack speed?

Nope, you meant “don’t start another discussion”.

Anyway hp on stagger, headshot damage, en power, crit after hs, shot crafter and CD or stealth.

Nope, none trick. As said, the real crossbow’s advantages are good hipfire (with full damage), none delay and precision. The RoF is more or less similar to bow full charged shot.

Yeah I meant for other classes. You compare hunstman with

WS: HP on crit/hs, bloodshot, en power, HP regen, CD reduction, arrows on ult (in fact I said that she is weaker against CWs, but she has other advantages, obvly even without talk about breakpoints, where she destroys HS).

BH: HP on kill, crit damage, en power, less CD, dmg reduction, double bullets.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.