Huge new revelation on issue of stuttering/overlapping weapon animations and sounds!

Issue Description:
Issue with several weapons (most prominently with the autoguns and lasguns) where (seemingly) randomly animations stutter, weapon is firing twice, rounds are not calculated properly, and sounds are overlapping while firing (see video down below) for example.

I’ve had an issue since around and after launch with certain weapons and even tools (like the auspex scanner) having stuttering/overlapping issues with animations and sounds, which significantly impact gameplay and the enjoyment of playing. I noticed a while back ago, in an old bug report I made, that it seemingly only happens while playing my veteran and no other operator (or so I thought). But after asking around seemingly nobody in my friend-circle or online (except a few who have made similar posts on social media about them having the same issue) and doing many tests (grey weapons, reset talent tree, changed clothes and other items, fresh reinstall, deleting %appdata%, clearing steam cloud, verifying, changing basically every in-game setting and relevant windows setting (from network to display to sound) I came to a realization that it might just be the operator itself and not the veteran class. So, I made a new veteran, and the issues are not present! I had an old veteran that I made during the beta of the game, which I then remade three or four months or so after launch. The issue is with the operator! I asked someone who is knowledgable and he said it might be a ‘client/server misdirect’, but I’m not sure.

I made a compilation of clips to show of what I mean with the issue: bug report weapon stutter on old character - YouTube and I made a previous bug report about it: Gunfire audio stuttering and overlapping on Veteran using Autoguns - Warhammer 40,000: Darktide / Bugs - Fatshark Forums (fatsharkgames.com)

Steps to Reproduce:
You need to have a Veteran (or perhaps another class, I am not sure) that is old. I have friends who have old veteran operators, too, that don’t have this issue. Jump in a game with the old operator with this bug and just start firing until bug happens.

Platform:
Steam.

Player ID:

Approx. Time of Issue & Timezone:
Constant.

Reproduction Rate:
100%

Upload Supporting Evidence:
[Screenshots, recordings, links to Twitch VODs, etc.]

[PC] Upload Console Log & darktide_launcher.log:
console-2023-10-25-09.27.07-dab1c1f3-eac0-4cc4-a565-5a4dd54b8e2f.log (249.3 KB)

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.