Hp on hookrats (Legend difficulty)

Just a suggestion of nerfing hookrat’s hp by maybe a third. (playing on legend)
Hookrat often hide in waves and pulls you in and that becomes a big problem to the group compared to the other specials due to its small hitbox and tankiness. Other specials are much easier to take out and are easier to spot.
The times a game goes bad is when the director spawns horde + 2-3 specials and the problem will most of the time be the hookrat in my experience since it drags the player in front of it and thus hiding even more and at the same time having a horde coming towards the people supposed to be helping the caught teammate.

2 Likes

Take monster damage on your items. I think the hookrat is the only special that is spec’d as a boss. So monster damage % affects them.

1 Like

Thats why you have to react to spawn sounds, furiously tag into the wave, dodge the hook or let the wave come to you instead attacking into the wave.

Packmasters are the same type as Rat Ogre.

Which means they share the resistant trait. Also as people above me has mentioned. Monster damage % works against them. And ofc Skaven dmg works.

I love them strong, and im totaly against nerf, easy games are meaningless, pointles, people not cooperate, and not worth people time

They are intresting tho, i sometimes 1 bullet them, but sometimes they can eat 8 bullets and not die… I also notice that they become more ressiliant when they grab someone.

3 Likes

I’d be against “nerfs” per se, I’d be in favour of making them more noticable in hordes, making their audio cues play more in advance and make their grabbing more consistent and less random. They shouldn’t be able to grab you out of charges, they shouldn’t have ultra-reach when there is difference in elevation and I’d like to have some kind of struggle mechanic like in L4D2 and the jockey. Oh, and also don’t make them grab you through corners and it’d be super cool if they wouldn’t spawn directly next to you with their grab animation already buffered.

3 Likes

hahahah… Spawn sounds. Good one.

4 Likes
4 Likes

Well, if you dont have a crappy pc, you actually hear the spawn sounds to 95%.

2 Likes

Oh ok. Glad somebody has done extensive research regarding spawn sounds issues across multiple different PC’s. Really happy we have such pillars of community out there doing the work for us little guys.
Seriously m8, this is the dumbest goddamn post i’ve read on these forums in a long time, and I keep on reading about body positive sjw kerrilians every day.

8 Likes

IDK, you are “the luckiest man alive™” or just “another bile troll”. If i have no matter what PC and headset VT2 has numerous issues with sound, silent hordes/pats/fire rats roaring for an eternity after they’ve been killed/assassin or hookrat audioqueue when it’s literally in your face and you have split second to react and more other shіt. If this never happens to you, just belive me, it happened a lot to me and my friends, and it realy sucks.

5 Likes

Yesterday I had a assassin spawn already slashing my face. Wish i had that split second to react. IT EVEN PLAYED THE SPAWN SOUNDS FOR ONCE. Too bad it was good 1-1.5 seconds into me getting stabbed.

4 Likes

Hookrats don’t actually have that much effective HP, as it is a monster, most melee weapons (and quite a few ranged too) get a damage bonus vs them, allowing you to take them out more easily than stormers/globes/leeches. That’s why a handgun one-shots them, but requires +power to do the same to the other 3.

Source?

3 Likes

Experience? Its the same source as your claims. I hear 95% of all special sounds in my game, never really had a problem in 400 hours. I certainly know about the problems, thats why 95% but you guys make it out as if this happens regularly, which i cant agree on and neither my teammates. Iguess we are the few lucky ones who magically dont have so much problems.

2 Likes

So you’re pulling stuff out of your behind without any kind objective data just to be a jerk about it. Nice. If it is just your subjective experience, don’t use made-up numbers like any kind of%. YOU might hear them 95% of the time (which again seems like an outlandish claim, since it suggests you’re keeping track, which I find hard to believe). And because you don’t experience it, it cannot be. In the same way as world hunger is not a problem since you had lunch today.
Tell you what: I happen to have a fairly decent rig and VT2 is the only game that gives me problems both in terms of graphics as well as sound. So what makes you think it has anything to do with how powerful your PC is? Since the last patch, almost all of my patrols have been dead silent, pack masters and gutter runners have been fine. For some players I know, it’s the other way around.

And the funny thing is: even if it WAS true that it was 95% of the time, it would still be unacceptable, since 5% of the time it would not work. And it only needs one instance to ruin your day.

7 Likes

Yes, this. I’d say most of the time I hear audio cues, but not all the time, and the times they don’t play it means someone losing health, dying, or even a wiped run depending on the situation.

3 Likes

Them having the same resistance is pretty dumb and immersion-killing on a variety of ranged weapons though. You can pump 4x point blank grudgeraker shells into one’s face and it still might not go down. It’s fine if they wanna classify them as monsters but they really shouldn’t be virtually impervious to some weapons. This also highlights how excessive boss resistance is to shotguns and similar burst weapons.

1 Like

I saw such statements over the past Months but for myelf i had never any trouble with hearing Specials/Elites/Bosses, i heard them Miles before there are even near me and my Hardware isn’t the best.

I agree.

1 Like