How many Devs?

Can we get an update to amount of people working on content for the game? Has the team shrunk as of late?
How many of them are on Real Money Shop Cosmetics?

Thanks

6 Likes

i wonder aswell man. Many players me included crash like 2 times at least per Mission and it s a never ending story!

I thought they bumped it up to over a hundred Devs for this Game?!
I wonder where they all are, cause the Game still runs bad even after 3/4 of a year. It ran better after release and ran better with Experimental, dont kknow whatb they are doing…!

I really hope they working on a patch which they curretnly hold back, for all the bad coding that fixes this stuff

1 Like

2 unpaid interns, Hedge, and Catfish once a week writing “we are talking about it internally but cant say anything” on the forums

10 Likes

They have 200 people in total atm iirc.

Atm only artists are on the Premium shop, the rest are busy trying to fix stuff and Xnox probably

1 Like

How it should be!

Let them digg out some Codes and “Make DT Great again”! XD

i wonder how long a 5 man modding team would take to fix everything about the game…

10 Likes

Unpaid? Years to decade.

Maybe we can all crowd fund a mod team to fix the game…

8 Likes

as someone who has generally taken the pro dev side in most arguments … i have to say the glacial speed of output has been utterly bewildering i dont get how so little can get done in soo much time.

8 Likes

Simple, they’re not paid enough to do more.

1 Like

IMO, skeleton crew on PC, and the rest working on Xbox. Also, VT2 is still getting updates and new content, right? If so, there you may have anywhere from 25 to 50% of all the dev staff tied up elsewhere.

Wherevever the 200 number comes from, is probably for the whole studio, and not the dedicated staff of DT. Also, if it came from promotional materials that number likely included contractors and freelancers that are probably no longer on staff after the game released.

It is, the ~200 is the total number of people who work at FS

I don’t think it did.

I have a very clear memory of both myself and teammates being booted out of the game at least once per level. During beta, and as you can now, you could reconnect. But on launch that option disappeared and you just simply lost your game.

For all it’s current foibles and lack of development elsewhere I don’t think anyone can honestly say that the dev team haven’t improved stability and performance since then.

1 Like

I suspect at this point that FS has lost interest in DT once they lost SO MANY players. It could have been great, but between flawed design issues and management intransigence to reverse course … They had many great ideas on how to fix DT by their beta testers, umm I mean customers, that DT did not need to be in this neglected shape. Truly sad.

4 Likes

at least as a flagship title, they going to sqeuze dry all the revenue, like console port, and finishing assets they have lying around while maintaining the appearance of support, so people continue buying cosmetics.

nothing currently indicates any willingness to reform DT to the title they advertised.
if that was the case we would have seen a shift after the “apology” letter, but instead they relocate resources to new revenue potential like porting for console, and keep the facade up that they made huge progress, wich they then can proudly present to the PR/magazines so the fresh console market can happily stumble in the same trap.

and it makes sense,
fixxing and delivering on past promises is a lot of work, and anyone who thinks that doing that would result in all the players returning is delusional.

“other games did the miracle comeback, so can DT”,
yeah happens like once or twice every 5 years, and even then how many people actively came back and paid for new expansions afterwards?
http://puu.sh/JLiIo/dac8efc4c8.png
this is the no mans sky peak player graph
release is around 220k drops to 7k then 1k, first bump is 96k second 60k and then the peak averages out at 10k-14k wich occasional month with 20k

this is considered one of the few titles that successfully turned a train wreck release into a decently liked games.

right after the first drop in players they went to roughly 7k peak, and now after six years of hard work and constant updates, they get roughly Double sometimes tripple of that.

2 Likes

200 staff. But probably too top heavy with management. Middle managers, directors, revenue officer etc

Filter out how many are doing real work.

Now filter down to how many that actually care.

It becomes a much smaller number.

2 Likes

Keep in mind that NMS was FAR more well-known and publicized than DT; far more eyeballs on it. DT is more niche and relies far heavier on the core community player base and word-of-mouth sales to maintain its viability. If FS digs their grave too deep, it’s gonna be nearly impossible to dig itself out like Hello Games; and they’re already off to a terrible start compared to Hello Game’s response

3 Likes

At this point i waiting for the game to die and modders to fix it and make cosmetics free.

well i took hellogames sucess in turning around NMS, as the best estimate on how well it can look after lots and lots of work.

so if we compare DT’s player retention curve with NMS, and assume FS would put in just as much effort Hellogames did, (wich they don’t)

the best outcome is double occasional tripple of the population AFTER the initial drop

so depending on what point you choose to put DT’s regress into context to NMS, you get an rough estimate
i would say the active peak players for DT after the Initial drop ranges from 3k-6k,
double that to 6k-12k with some spikes,
and those estimates are AFTER they put in equal amounts of work in as hellogames

3 Likes