Hotfix Megathread 5.2.x (Current 5.2.3)

Heroes!

This announcement will catalogue all the hotfixes we have released for patch 5.2.0 that came in with the 2023 Rebalance patch, and will be kept current with the latest hotfix release added to the top of the patch notes.

Hotfix 5.2.3 - February 6th

Balance changes

• Reverted the monster damage nerf to Dual Daggers and instead applied a 15% damage nerf to Shade’s career skill, to follow along with the general nerf to monster killers in patch 5.2.0

• Increased the base crit chance of Dual Dagger heavy attacks by 10%

• Reduced the base crit chance of Sword & Dagger’s second heavy attack by 10%.

• Outcast Engineer: Increased “Ingenious Ordnance” bomb craft time to 120 seconds.

• Outcast Engineer: reduced the bonus crit chance from “Perilous Overclock” to 8%

• Falchion, Crowbill, One-handed Flail: Reduced stamina cost for pushing to 1 (half a shield)

• Reduced the Masterwork Pistol’s damage modifier vs monsters by 22%

• Chaos Wastes: Reduced Grudge Mark bonus health modifier by 16%

Fixes

• Fixed issue where some Gifts of the Wolf Father illusions were not showing up in the crafting menu for certain players.

• Fixed the issue that caused Frame generation technology to not work.

The Shade nerfs are meant to bring her in line with the nerfs to other monster killer careers without targeting the Dual Daggers and instead nerfing her directly. Since we’ve also received feedback that the dual daggers could use some love and that the Sword & Dagger are a bit too good, we’ve done a tune up there.

The Masterwork Pistol nerf is also part of the overall effort to reel in all monster killers.

Outcast Engineer is a tad overtuned which is why we’re applying these nerfs to these two talents. We’ll be monitoring the community response to these to see if these changes are enough or if more needs to be done to reel him back a bit.

The Falchion, Crowbill and One-handed Flail have been changed to go along with the general buff to one-handed weapons that was done in the initial balance pass.

Hotfix 5.2.2 - December 20th

This one is tiny, I promise!

Fixes

• Fixed Bestigors and Minotaurs ending their charge early if they have to run around an obstacle.

• Fixed an exploit where an Outcast Engineer with the “Bombadier” talent gained 3 new grenades when leaving and rejoining a game. Cheeky!

• Fixed a bug where Outcast Engineer’s “Superior Gaskets” talent did not provide power on clients.

Hotfix 5.2.1 - December 19th

Fixes

• Fixed crash when bots use true flight attacks like Waywatcher ability or Necromancer “Lost Souls” which target enemies that get removed from the game.

• Fixed a bug where a Sienna premium cosmetic item was missing its store icon.

• Fixed a bug where “Lingering Flames” DoT stacked. Sorry, Battle Wizard mains!

• Fixed a bug where Engineer’s “Bombardier” talent did not give Bardin three bombs on first spawn. Engineer mains can now once again aim for the back of the elf’s head!

• Fixed rare crash where Mercenary’s talent “Strike Together” could crash the game when the target ally was removed on the same frame as when buff was applied.

• Fixed a bug where Warrior Priest’s talent “Blazing Bright” granted him Fury when he was knocked down. You’re not a Necromancer, Saltzpyre!

2 Likes

All of these changes are very welcome. I agree with all of them, but some I don’t think are “enough”.

The trollhammer needs a redesign to he honest. It’ll still be too good on Engi, and it’s still too good on IB. But nerfing it to be ok on Engi will likely kill it on IB. Making something as powerful as an career ability but ammo based just causes problems.

Bomb generation needs to have a longer cooldown based on difficulty. Cata should be 160s, Legend 120s.

4 Likes

Great changes, but PLEASE nerf trollhammer, give BH thp on cleave, and make Pyro’s ult not suck. The game is on the right track to being somewhat balanced, so let’s keep it going.

6 Likes

Could you fix the bug about how Khaine’s Fury is in the game, and if not that at least the bug where it ticks down Curse of the Undeath on Necromancer?

And since it was commented twice already, I think the trollhammer is fine and fun :+1: Maybe reduce the AOE a little? Deleting a CW is fine for something with such a long reload time.

1 Like

Still too many bombs at a 25min run he regenerates 15 bombs + 3 bombs right from the start without taking into account the bombs he will find on the map. Together with trollhammer torpedo he still will bomb the whole map.

4 Likes

Glad you reverted the dual dagger changes. Engi nerfs should be pretty close to enough to put him back in line with the others, though he should still be strong which is fine.

I want to see some more changes to the one handed weapons apart from making pushing cheaper on your stamina. Some of them need more than that if they’re going to contend with other weapons for the slot. Higher headshot multipliers, innate extra crit chance on certain attacks, whatever. Just something to give the ones that need it an extra push.

Some classes could really use a pass on their talents (Huntsman for example). Some weapons have been entirely ignored like the Moonfire bow, Krubers Blunderbuss, and Bardin’s Throwing axe. Players have been asking for buffs to these weapons for a while. Please take a look at them.

Thanks for the update FS

3 Likes

When nerfing shade, did ye fix her too so the shade function doesn’t just appear as cosmetic half the time? The invis bug was acknowledged… with all that nerf, is one of the most annoying bugs fixed? (for this and Darktide?)

2 Likes

Here’s an idea: The bomb regen talent makes it so you can no longer hold 3.

7 Likes

Balance changes look good, but maybe console could get an update soon? I would also love to see some old nerfs reverted. I started playing late, and I only had the moon fire bow for a couple weeks before it was nerfed into the ground. I see a lot of argue it’s still a good weapon, but I play A LOT of elf and it’s definitely her worst range option imo. No ammo buff on waystalker or HM and it takes way too long to kill anything compared to jav or longbow. Hagbane basically does the same thing, but still has an aoe effect on hit? Some people argue “well it has infinite ammo” but it still wasn’t beating out most of sienna’s options. I was also sad to see the Jav nerfed, like great now her next best ranged option is now nerfed which still wasn’t better than bolt staff at cleave and armor damage. I agree jav was too good becuase of the melee versatility, but that was also countered with no block making it a risk/reward requiring some dodging skills. I think one of those nerfs to cleave or armor was good, but getting hit with both kind of sucks. I still use jav over longbow most of the time, so not as bad as nerf to moon fire. I purchased that dlc mainly for moonfire bow, and I’m just sad to use it now. It’s not fun or good, still looks cool I guess.
And like most people are saying, some love for bounty hunter or marksman would be great!

1 Like

The engi nerfs aren’t enough. Ingenious Ordnance talent is also not the main problem, It’s how good engi’s explosives are and how it affects trollhammer torpedo.

Nerfing trollhammer is not ideal either, since it will negatively affect iron breaker.

None of engi’s bomb talents should remove friendly fire DMG from bombs, bombardier should not give 3 bombs at the start of the mission and ingenious ordinance can have its cooldown increased to 180 or 200 sec.
a big bonus would be if trollhammer became exclusive to iron breaker, since it’s a big part of what makes engi op.

5 Likes

This hotfix does not fix DLSS?

At this point, the game has NOT had functioning DLSS for a longer time following the announcement of it. It was advertised on Nvidia’s Geforce Experience, and yet the game still does not have it.

Please… prioritize fixing DLSS. It makes an exceptional difference in my system, and playing without it through the holidays and new year has been very disappointing.

3 Likes

Please think about javelin again, at the moment it is a single target weapon without having the power to do that properly. As a single target weapon it would also outperform longbow due to infinite ammo. But a cleaving-staggering range weapon would be a niche where it doesnt rival other weapons. So maybe you can give back some cleave.

Also take a look at griffonfoot, many people, me included consider it overpowered.
And last but not least the repeater of saltzpyre could need some love :slight_smile:

3 Likes

For Crowbill this change while welcome completely misses the mark and doesn’t change the fact that it’s hampered by a 100% pointless heavy attack.

You gave the crowbill a perfectly horizontal sweep for a heavy attack . But what for? It has zero cleave, it doesn’t do a significantly higher amount of damage, nor is it any good for headshots

What’s the point? Give crowbill heavy attacks some cleave and that weapon is fixed

This nerf misses the mark completely because it doesn’t change the fact that it’s still trivializing all bosses and patrols for FREE risk free. 3 Infinite bombs is still 3 infinite bombs and a paltry 20 second is t going to change that. Make it so players need to EARN those extra bombs

Not to mention you’re still detracting away from his Crankgun.

OE nerfs seems reasonable. I’m glad you didn’t overdo it like most of the suggestions I’ve seen in Reddit and here so far. I’m also glad you didn’t unnerf BH. Pre-nerf, BH was stunlocking and soloing bosses and finishing them in a few seconds. The nerf’s a good thing and allows other players to participate in the boss killing, rather than letting the BH solo the boss.

Thanks for reverting Dual Dagger changes. That was my biggest issue. Falchion getting some love is nice too. It’s one of my favorite weapons in the game. A little support for Chaos Wastes is great as well, but I’d like some actual content for Chaos Wastes - I’m sure I’m not the only one. Anyways, thanks for listening. Though I’d really like to see Blunderbuss get some buffs. Maybe some buffs to its reload speed or increase its range fall off. There are a couple of other things I want to talk about but Dual Daggers were the biggest sore point which you’ve reverted, so thank you.

I apologize for going overboard with some of my complaints :slight_smile:

1 Like

Maybe Engi shouldn’t multiply trollhammer ammo, that would be enough nerf.
Griffinfoot and swift bow players are far more annoying that trollhammer IBs. They can delete just everything.

I would be happy if they remove the bomb regeneration to be honest. I refuse to do QP since the buff, because 75% of the time OE is joining and ruining the fun.

1 Like

This reminds me the times when I started modding. I thought a few easy modifiers here and there and the weapons will be fine. But the reality is more complex. Less ideal attack angles cannot be solved by pushes and push attacks, and neither the low cleave. It can help against shielded SVs however, and in case of mediocre animations when the weapon has cleave and a close to horizontal push attack.

Excellent changes all in all, hitting the things meant to be hit and not anything else.

Bomb cooldown is still too low and the perilous overclock crit is not the biggest problem (if one at all?) with engi at this time i believe. Its the fact that he still easily has 2-3 bombs at all times + trollhamer and he can spam them with no FF damage and just demolish elite waves, patrols, chaos ones included and monsters ontop with very low risk and no potions.

What you ought to really do about the chaos wastes grudge marks, and banners, is to ensure they do not spawn in the first two maps, something like a shieldbreaker or a crippling stormfiend is too close to instant GG.

What most of these rarely used weapons need more than a bit of stamina, is actual cleave, average functionality. People will typically prefer a weapon that works against everything if that´s an option over something that is about equally good or even slightly better against most but worse against something notable.

3 Likes

I kind of agree. A few games ago I had a bannermen chest with the lighting modifier that would transform enemies, and the damned thing kept spawning more and more banners from the beastmen horde. Since bannermen can stack banner buff infinitely it all felt really unfair to get that on the first map with gray weapons.

2 Likes